Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
So the fuse box slides onto that tab? I did feel it back there

Yup, that's how it works. The slot on the end of the fuse box just slides over the top of that tab and viola! I know on my car the fuses face the ground, it looks just like that picture. Not sure if you could flip the fuse box over so the fuses face up and the box is behind the dash or not, haven't tried it.

Yep, except mine the fuses are facing sideways.

fuse box.jpg

Here is a pic of the shift linkage adjuster I need to spin 90* so it does not hit that big exhaust pipe.
IMG_6976.JPG

It's funny...we can put a rocket into space, but somehow we can't design a shifter linkage that clears aftermarket exhaust.
The u shaped band with the adjuster bolt spins on the shaft. It can be oriented to face the side where it is or front or back. I was worried about it but once I looked at it carefully and verified it could spin on an a spare Ilinkage set I have I know I'll be good.

I took apart my column shift linkage this evening and figured out what I need to do to get it to clear the exhaust. Need to make run for some grommets and retainer pins tomorrow and I can get it back together. Going to do the transmission side of the Lokar kickdown while I'm under there. Also had some time to take care of some rad support paint work I wanted to detail.
IMG_7024.JPG

It had to happen. I have not mixed paint brands many times on this project, but tonight I wanted to get some light colored paint inside the parking light housings. Didn't have any Rustoleum silver paint but I had some krylon laying around from something I did at the house. Of course it bubbled up in one of the holes.:BangHead:
IMG_7042.JPG

Well....I been down that road. Start all over. I use the silver and I just used the super shiny gold when I did my jack. Turned out ok.

Grille in!
I used a Rustoleum white universal primer to stabilize the inside of the parking light housings. It dried with a little sheen to it so I went to war with that. It looks nice with lights on and off.
IMG_7046.JPG

-
Back