Finally got me an E body

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After years of searching and looking for the perfect car within my budget, I can finally say that I’m the proud owner of my first E body. Original orange paint, bucket seat interior, 8 3/4” rear, and room for the biggest engine I can stuff in there. Might go frame connectors too, don’t want any frame twist. I’m over the moon about this car, can’t wait to get it on the road this spring!

2FD5B9F8-7A29-4243-8C90-390FD71EBFB5.jpeg

4CB2B8E9-1985-4A4B-B994-12A19F03A77F.jpeg

great car to start with..:rofl:just needs to be buffed out and drove as is.. :lol:

Hey! I need the roof off of the car!
(Not joking!)

After years of searching and looking for the perfect car within my budget, I can finally say that I’m the proud owner of my first E body. Original orange paint, bucket seat interior, 8 3/4” rear, and room for the biggest engine I can stuff in there. Might go frame connectors too, don’t want any frame twist. I’m over the moon about this car, can’t wait to get it on the road this spring!

View attachment 1715902145

View attachment 1715902146
Sweet score! Ran when parked?:poke:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that a Challenger door on that Cuda?!?

the tail panel would make awesome wall art!

Is that a Challenger door on that Cuda?!?

the tail panel would make awesome wall art!

let’s kill a couple birds here. The door is original to the car, here is the VIN, and if anybody wants anything off of it I’ll gladly cut it off, but shipping the roof and tail panel isn’t going to be easy, or cheap!

D6E44BA1-0E46-4E46-9004-F784F0273F41.jpeg

That back glass will fit Challenger and Barracuda, as well as rear 1/4 panel windows.

I am sure you know that all ready Geoff :thumbsup:

Man I had the chance to buy a 73 Challenger with a 360 back in 1989...it ran and drove , I passed because I had a B body who knew they'd become hard to find...:)

can any old timers on here elaborate? how popular were the E bodies? I seem to recall everyone in High school in the 80s was into Mustangs, Camaros, and Dusters for Mopar pick.

That back glass will fit Challenger and Barracuda, as well as rear 1/4 panel windows.

I am sure you know that all ready Geoff :thumbsup:

no Mike, I did not know that. I don’t know much about E bodies, never had one, and never really liked them. I’m just helping a friend get rid of the cars, but if someone wants something from it, I’ll certainly take it off. The rear end is sitting in the weeds, and it has a few other items that I’m sure are saveable! Thanks for the heads up, my hilltop friend!

no Mike, I did not know that. I don’t know much about E bodies, never had one, and never really liked them. I’m just helping a friend get rid of the cars, but if someone wants something from it, I’ll certainly take it off. The rear end is sitting in the weeds, and it has a few other items that I’m sure are saveable! Thanks for the heads up, my hilltop friend!
Glad to help, specifically happy to help you because I see you help hundreds of members here.
I always liked the E bodies because of there handling and braking abilities back in the early 80es, and the weight transfer to the rear wheels bone stock, my very very favorite is the 70 model Barracuda, simplicity at its best, most people prefer 71 and up grill, not me, I think it was the best. Owed and tagged 3 Challengers and one 1970 Barracuda, had two others i never tagged and one was a rubber bumper RT 71 geia... package 383 car ..mother mopar was good to me, paid 6 hundred for it in 1985 , sold it for 32 hundred in 1987, never touched it

FB_IMG_1647043281216.jpg

Man I had the chance to buy a 73 Challenger with a 360 back in 1989...it ran and drove , I passed because I had a B body who knew they'd become hard to find...:)

can any old timers on here elaborate? how popular were the E bodies? I seem to recall everyone in High school in the 80s was into Mustangs, Camaros, and Dusters for Mopar pick.
I can. Not that I’m THAT old having graduated in ‘85, a year late. But what I can easily recall about the MoPars is that the A body cars were popular among the MoPar brethren. Mostly because they were cheap. My first Duster was $750. A 318/904/2.76 or .94 geared car, it was a nice rust free ride with A/C. Medium bronze metalic. My second Duster was a Petty Blue fold down rear seat 3spd manual between the buckets and a 3.21 suregrip. I got that in trade for work for my neighbor. Got rid of a afore Fairmont and cleaned up his 20 year old junk pile collection in the garage. My next Suster was a ‘74 that was $1200 IIRC. My latest Duster was $700. But it’s hashed pretty bad.

The Cuda’s in ‘85 would sell for quadruple the price in the same very hood condition. Big blocks another 1,000 to 2,000.

The Cuda & Chally were the “Pony” car weapon and super bad *** very much wanted but not exactly affordable by teenagers.

-
Back