dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It’s now official, Ft Hood is no more

Ft Cavazos

912DB221-D261-4950-A229-2C1352902657.jpeg

Last edited:
So they renamed Fort Hood, what a shame. That's where I went after basic training in 1970.

So they renamed Fort Hood, what a shame. That's where I went after basic training in 1970.
They have renamed 4 bases so far. Fort Bragg is next, and they want to screwup a total of 9 base names while spending 63.5 million to do it.

I wonder what would make them do such a thing

If they want to they could name one after my ancestors. Not the ones that were on the trail of tears but the other side of the family

Hopefully this WILL NOT turn into a political rant, but I'm going to say this. In the city of Houston, Texas they have changed street names because they were named for Confederate Generals and this was because of the local civic leaders.

We have one that was changed to one of our later presidents name but it’s a dead end street

I guess all them black folk finally got fed up enough with honoring people by naming streets, erecting statues , naming military installations after the people who sought to keep their ancestors enslaved and finally got their way to get this all changed
I’d also guess they said kiss their *** as well

Im not into all this political correctness stuff either but when Ft Hood was named it was a different time in this country
The person Ft Hood is now named for is a 4 star general who is a decorated hero.

Army's first Hispanic four-star general dies at 88
It's pandering to ingratiate the Army to a segment of the population. That's the same thing that was done when the fort was named for John Bell Hood. It's just for different reasons and a different portion of the citizenry now.

It wasn't black folks, it's a new government department called The Naming Commision. Their task is to rename or delete any Confederate links to current places or things

https://media.defense.gov/2023/Jan/...D-A-S-APPROVAL-OF-NAMING-COMMISSION-POAMS.PDF

DOD to change names of nine Army installations by 2024.
And why than change the names of these forts now
You mean to tell me black citizens of this country who can actually trace their ancestors back to the time they were enslaved were fine with naming federal installations with the very people who fought to keep them slaves?
I beg to differ and a suggestion would be to talk to some black folks whose great great grandparents were slaves bought and sold
Twenty or so years ago I discussed this very subject with a black man I knew whose grand mother who lived to over 100 was raised around family who were slaves
This is all about bigotry nothing more

And why than change the names of these forts now
You mean to tell me black citizens of this country who can actually trace their ancestors back to the time they were enslaved were fine with naming federal installations with the very people who fought to keep them slaves?
I beg to differ and a suggestion would be to talk to some black folks whose great great grandparents were slaves bought and sold
Twenty or so years ago I discussed this very subject with a black man I knew whose grand mother who lived to over 100 was raised around family who were slaves
This is all about bigotry nothing more
It's called pandering, woke and erasing history. And in the Democrat's case, it's the smart thing to do. If the past is erased nobody will remember who fought the hardest up until the 1960's to keep a certain race under their thumb. Here is a list of more buildings to be renamed if they haven't already. Take a note that these buildings were named after politicians who didn't want the black man in their society

Civilian Federal Buildings Are Named After Confederates, KKK Members and Segregationists, Too

It's called pandering, woke and erasing history. And in the Democrat's case, it's the smart thing to do. If the past is erased nobody will remember who fought the hardest up until the 1960's to keep a certain race under their thumb. Here is a list of more buildings to be renamed
Yes in the past we all know what political party the people who hung, beat, denied rights to black people belonged to, we also know what party the people who spread bigotry, who support Nazi wannabes belong to now
It was never about and still isn't about political parties

Last edited:
-
Back