Free cam build...

-
If I do trickflows what size valves should I run?

Maybe this would be a good build for the CNC Speedmaster heads. Since the build is just for fun, why not slap on a set of those? Probably no trouble finding someone to sell a set they got on cyber Monday sale. I am not attached to them and don’t have a build planned for mine. Maybe someone has a set up there in Canada to save you shipping costs.
As for Trick Flows, they would probably be awesome on this as delivered, without changing valve size.

Maybe this would be a good build for the CNC Speedmaster heads. Since the build is just for fun, why not slap on a set of those? Probably no trouble finding someone to sell a set they got on cyber Monday sale. I am not attached to them and don’t have a build planned for mine. Maybe someone has a set up there in Canada to save you shipping costs.
As for Trick Flows, they would probably be awesome on this as delivered, without changing valve size.
How much for the speed masters?

Local price on trickflows came in at $1450 each plus shipping and taxes... so are $3400 Canadian

How much Canadian $$ to have a set of oe iron heads done up locally?
(Guides, valve job, milled, bowl ported, cut for seals/dual springs...... including all the parts)

How is that compared to a set of assembled unported speedmasters?

Edit: looks like at this point in time, some bare SM heads at $365/ea are probably the best bang for the buck, if you’re buying new.

Last edited:
How much Canadian $$ to have a set of oe iron heads done up locally?
(Guides, valve job, milled, bowl ported, cut for seals/dual springs...... including all the parts)

How is that compared to a set of assembled unported speedmasters?

Edit: looks like at this point in time, some bare SM heads at $365/ea are probably the best bang for the buck, if you’re buying new.
Can you do some work on those $365 heads to get the flow numbers up ?

IIRC pittsburghracer did a thread on doing some port work to those. I'd post a link to it, but I can't find anything with the search feature.
I would love to have Pittsburghracers heads that he is porting right now for this build... they wound make my free cam look good!

If you’re looking for “fully ported” SM heads....... buying the CNC version will likely be the least expensive option, unless you find someone that does porting for a pretty inexpensive hourly rate.

At my shop, if you wanted anything more than pretty basic bowl work(260cfm range), the CNC version would be a better bang for the buck.
I think the cnc job is about $800??

If you went with the CNC version, I think I’d go with a 2.055 intake valve.

Last edited:
We need some pictures! What's involved in making those work on a 59 degree production block?

Are these heads basically done already?

Do they come with valves?

Do they come with rocker gear?

Will they require custom pistons?

Are headers available for them?

Are these heads basically done already?

Do they come with valves?

Do they come with rocker gear?

Will they require custom pistons?

Are headers available for them?

They are coming with Ti intake valves...

They are coming with the shafts or stands...

I have no pistons so it likely doesn’t matter I will order customs if need be...

I would guess that headers may not be something that the local speedy mart has in stock...

-
Back