from bare metal up "material cost"

-
SPI just told me it would be about 900 for their Epoxy primer and single stage red ... thats activators and all to paint an entire stripped chassis inside ,outside and underside. I figure I will just use red oxide epoxy primer on the inside and underside ( no color) to save on paint costs.
I will still need some high build primer , filler , sand paper etc....

SPI just told me it would be about 900 for their Epoxy primer and single stage red ... thats activators and all to paint an entire stripped chassis inside ,outside and underside. I figure I will just use red oxide epoxy primer on the inside and underside ( no color) to save on paint costs.
I will still need some high build primer , filler , sand paper etc....
Never used their products, but they do get some decent reviews.

Sure I did. mentioned DuPont
Yes you did, GeorgeH, but I was referring to the OP's original message. He did not mention the paint brand. I meant that he needed to make sure that for $4k he was getting Name Brand materials.

Yes you did, GeorgeH, but I was referring to the OP's original message. He did not mention the paint brand. I meant that he needed to make sure that for $4k he was getting Name Brand materials.
Gotcha, thought you were just speaking in general of the thread. But yeah, hard to verify if someone is going to use top end products throughout the job.

Let me give the house brand of paint at TCP Global a plug. I have used it, and I would favorably compare it to any other paint I have ever used. And it costs less than half of the name brand paints. It really is good. Plus, they can mix any color ever painted on any car. I am talking about their Restoration Shop line.

Darren,

Shoot me your grocery list and I'll see what I can do to ease the pain.

Paint is expensive as it is but combined with a 3 tier sales system it's nuts.

I have painted several cars inside and out with DuPont or PPG paints. I dont know what The exchange rate on Canadian dollars to US is but that seems expensive. I framed my 64 1/2 Fairlane and painted it myself from bare metal for less than 2 grand in materials. The most expensive part was the high end clear coat which was almost 400 a gallon. But I have spent 2500 to 3600 on materials before. That includes sand paper, polish, buffing pads, etc. all the minor stuff.

Darren,

Shoot me your grocery list and I'll see what I can do to ease the pain.

Paint is expensive as it is but combined with a 3 tier sales system it's nuts.
Thank you very much Al.. I will keep you in mind..I should know next week if the Cuda will be painted privately or at a local body shop..

-
Back