from the ashes

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Someone knocked all my glass out of my property truck. I kept this out there so when it was muddy I could get around without rutting things up to bad with my 4x4 dually. Plus wasnt worried about scratches. They popped the hood also and pulled some wires and stuff. I,m not going to let it get me down though. Time for another project.Gonna pull the body and drop my 53 pickup cab and bed on this 4x4 chassis. Wheelbase is identical. Thinking a medium lift and some 38s should look cool. What do ya,ll think

Attachments

• ramcharger 001 (Large) (4).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 356
  • trucks005 (Large).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 366
  • trucks004 (Large).jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC00232 (Large).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 375
  • ramcharger 006 (Large).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 364
  • ramcharger 005.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 357
  • ramcharger 004 (Large).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 351
  • ramcharger 003 (Large).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 355
Great idea Pete, vandals can mess with your stuff but they can't mess with your mind.

Are people just stupid? Why do so many people find the need to bust out peoples windows? Even at the Pull-A-Part (chain junkyard here) people will smash windows for no reason. They used to have a classic section. One time I stopped in there and EVERY classic car's windshields/glass was busted out...

Good luck on the build. Sounds like it'll be an awesome ride!

damn dude, that sucks! But that is seriously cool that you are gonna find a use for it anyway 8) Dont take no crap from no punks

So what is the wheel base on the 53? I think that I recall that the ramcharger is around 106"? I have been thinking about doing the same thing with a ramcharger and a 69 International Scout 800A that I have.

Why are some people such aholes? Smashing windows, ripping some wires out, sounds like crackheads are running rampant. Project sounds cool but I think you are going to have to do some surgery to get 38's in those wheel wells even with a moderate lift......

Why would anyone do this, and how would they get away with it?

Strange & unfortunate, Sorry to hear pete.

The '53 is sweet though.

It was on my 5 acres thats out of town. Way out dirt road country. No one to catch them.At least they didnt steal it. Cleaned the glass and leaves out today and crawled under to start unbolting the body. Man I had almost forgot the joy of rust in the eye balls. Gotta get some safety goggles and hit it again after work tommorrow.DD

Dang Pete!! you have more toys then a 10 year old child
That is a very cool ol Dodge and I can see it will be so cool with 4 wheel drive
PM on it's way..

Hit the garage at 9 am and came in at 3. Not bad for one man. It was a complete truck when I started minus windows.Dont know if I want to save the seats or not. They might be nice recovered in the truck. Time to grill some yard bird and kill some wobbly pops.

Attachments

• ramcharger 019 (Large).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 196
  • ramcharger 018 (Large).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 205
  • ramcharger 017 (Large).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ramcharger 016 (Large).jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 208
  • ramcharger 015 (Large).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 201
  • ramcharger 013 (Large).jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 193
  • ramcharger 012 (Large).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 198
  • ramcharger 011 (Large).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 201
  • ramcharger 010 (Large).jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 199
  • ramcharger 007 (Large).jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 203
Got the cab and bed set on the frame. Man what a bi*ch to do by yourself. Got the cab leveled up and square with the frame. Now got to weld bushing perches on the frame to match the truck. I,m gonna mock it all up b4 metal work,body work and paint.Progress pics.

Attachments

• ramcharger 065 (Large).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 159
  • ramcharger 067 (Large).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 162
  • ramcharger 068 (Large).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 158
excellent idea...
a guy down here did a 50 like that on a Dakota chassis and then dropped
a 408/727 in it.........a monster

So, what color you gonna paint it? Are you gonna just go back to plum crazy?

I,m on the fence on this one. Hot rod blacks cheap. But if i can scrape up some xtra coin i,m thinking plum crazy or tangelo pearl with 2 black stripes over the hood and cab and down the tailgate

Dang hauled the ram carcass off and a ford 4 cyl shortblock and got 160. Woo hoo

Dang Pete!!!!!! :cheers::cheers:
Moving forward is an understatement on this build =P~=P~
I have 3 extra turbine style wheels like what you have on the back of the 4X4 if you need them all you need to do is let me know 8).
It's good to see you have been staying busy, and the weather is not slowing you down, Why am I so jealous, but yet happy for you brother 8).

-
Back