Fuel pump for 340 450hp ?

-
Those Carters (and their clones) sometimes need to have a boss on the front of some blocks ground down in order to fit. But they're generally good pumps, and they're rebuildable.

Ah ok. Which you do recommend that bolt on without any mods ?
It will bolt on to a lot of engines as-is. Like I said, SOME engines may require a small boss (less than dime size) on the front of the block to be ground down for clearance. 5 minute job with a hand grinder if needed.
Heck, Chrysler Marine used similar pumps on their small blocks right from the factory.

Last edited:
That's the pump I run on my 340 and it works great. If you get one though, you'll most likely need a regulator as well.

I’ve been running a Holley red pump for years. Present supplies fuel to a mechanical secondary 750 street brawler on my 408 with approximately 450 hp with no regulator

That's the pump i run. Its rebuildable too.
I have a spare but have 3 340s and more than one car.
Shop fur better price and even of ya cant beat Jegs cost on stuff get it from Summit thet treat ya better. I got burned on back order stuff frim Jegs. So dislike them.

I’m at 400 out of my current 340 setup and use the Holley 12-360-11 pump with a regulator as the pressure is too high going into a 750 Holley 4150 double pumper..

I think I spent like 13 bucks on my fuel pump for my 340… I’m not sure if it has 450 hp, maybe it’s close?

It starts, idles runs and drives every week.

IMG_3883.png

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

Beware Carter knock off’s presently the invading the country.

We’re running the M6270 pump on a 1978 360 with no clearance issues whatsoever. Clock it as needed, use the right fittings there’s no problems. Using a Street Demon 750 (which the manual states requires a slightly lower pressure than say a Holley) with no regulator. No issues with too much pressure at all. A regulator wouldn’t hurt though.

Yep, in addition to the actual physical attributes.

Get um while u can
This is a round track High rpm pump
I bought 3 from seller on ebay this month offer $165 he will take it.
These most likely will never be made again and they can be rebuilt.

Screenshot_20230705-061751.png

He will take it
Good luck / that's about as High performance as we can purchase currently. Pre COVID Clay Smith had a very nice offering for LA engines but recently it's not offered on web site so Could be gone forever.
Look at color difference on arm from Jegs unit and this Mopar Performance unit it's obvious which one is of better quality and durability etc.

-
Back