Garage Squad 70 Duster

-
stroked is far from a spoiled rich kid, punk ? well, we all can be sometimes.

I think we can all agree that they aren't doing concourse restorations on the show. I know it bothers me too when I see the finished product and there's no headliner in it or the engine compartment looks shoddy. But the point of the show is that they are getting cars back on the road that the owner's weren't able to do on their own. I'll watch that any day vs. Dancing with the Stars or one of those sitcoms that use a laugh track so that you'll know when they said something funny.

just can't hack it /handle watching , can you stroked340. pity, you are coming off as a rich spoiled punk spending money for labor you can not do for yourself.
I think your car is nice, but I have to wonder if all the work is farmed out.
oh yea forgot GO SEAHAWKS !!!!

Far far far from rich...and I can give a flying **** what you think about me how much money I have who does the work on my car ect..by the way the Seacocks S.U.C.K.!!!

I don't know if I just have bad luck when I read your post but this seems to be a very typical kind of post I read of yours. I don't know again it could be just bad luck every time I happen to see your post it's something exactly like this? So the question is do I have bad luck and every time I seem to pull up one of your post it's all nasty and mean and full of (confident) comments? If so I can see where people are getting confused? You think you're confident but it comes across on the forum here is being a complete dick. Now mind you I'm not trying to get into no battle here on the internet on someone's thread but what the hell. If this is the actual case I can't be the first person saying this. Can you see where you're the only one who had the confidence to put a picture of their car on this post? It just comes across as arrogant. 110% confident that you don't give a rat's *** about what I say about what anybody else says and quite honestly I don't care either LOL so I guess in conclusion if this is the real you and this is the only way that you post I'll just probably be on the long list of members maybe consider that you have a lot of knowledge that since you're being such a dick I won't listen to a word. And again I realize you couldn't give a s*** and you're going to say something mean and nasty so go ahead and then I'll be on with talking about people who want to help people for the love of cars like the garage Squad.
p.s.my LIONS SUCK BAD!!!!
Far far far from rich...and I can give a flying **** what you think about me how much money I have who does the work on my car ect..by the way the Seacocks S.U.C.K.!!!

I watch shows about people helping people, and Bruno is a winning drag racer. They give free labor and parts-cool. everyone who has had their car done for free is very happy-even if there are some minor things left to be done-hey my car is not 100% happy. I farm out machine work, welding, body painting. I know stroked340 and he is a decent guy. and Brady is so good he does not need a backup, except he does not run anymore

I will have to call DISH and see about getting Velocity added. Only car shows appear for me now are on History channel I think it is. To me pretty much all Hollywood. Gas Monkeys, an other stuff there is pretty much the same, mega $ and tons of drama and BS. I am a do it your self type and relate to that sort of work.
Reality TV without much reality!!! ha

Hack???? I bet a lot of my work would fall under that category these days. Getting to be an old fart without the $ I had decades ago to get it all done right and in timely manner!! I don't have the $ to get that headliner, door panels, dash cap right now. Getting the Duster running down the road and with NO rust is my present goal.!!!!!!

I don't know how many of you watch Garage Squad on Velocity, but they're going to do a 1970 Duster on tonight's episode. I kinda like the show. There's not much made for TV drama and they help people get their cars out of the garage and back on the road. Plus, the blonde's not bad to look at!

They went to an hour long format this year and they seem to go a little more in depth with what they're doing to the vehicles. Plus, the lead mechanic Joe Zolper drives a blown alcohol Duster of his own!

What is with car guys. They complain on why someone with a muscle car lets it sit and rot away instead of selling it. They complain when someone calls a show so they can get their car running so it doesn't sit and rot away. They complain as every show is a butcher or doesn't know what they are doing as if these typewriter warriors are all Roger Gibson. You do a home "restoration" all looks great and they complain that the horn is at the wrong angle or some one added a hood scoop. Then there are those that complain at what people ask when selling. If it's too high it won't sell, capitalism will resolve that. Some say they would rather spend that money on a new Challenger. Yeah, the new Mustang belly button car that every soccer mom to the guy who doesn't want to change his oil purchases. I remember when there was nothing but a few car magazines and I never thought there was enough interest for TV shows on our favorite cars, and whole channels, still more complaints.

Last edited:
well I am a self professed old fart, I remember the 50's, lived thru the 60's and 70's, ,,,,,alive, then, the 80's?????? ah the 80's ... HP cars, muscle cars whatever... people begged for some sort of performance car!!!!!!! SOoooooo, we finally get such, and how many people can put it all down!???? *****, complain, not give credit where it is due!??? We can be so critical, of everything but ourselves!!! Be it new Hemi Challengers, someone else's resto, drag car, hot road, whatever. It does not really both me; I guess it is just human nature. But I agree with 340wedge's above remarks.
I figure any friend, magazine, tv show, or social internet site that helps us car guys keep the candle burning gives us reason to work on our old car, drive it, race it, whatever...is GOOD. But in the end we are all human, and a strange bunch no doubt!!

I watch shows about people helping people, and Bruno is a winning drag racer. They give free labor and parts-cool. everyone who has had their car done for free is very happy-even if there are some minor things left to be done-hey my car is not 100% happy. I farm out machine work, welding, body painting. I know stroked340 and he is a decent guy. and Brady is so good he does not need a backup, except he does not run anymore

I don't know about that one Brady gets hurt and I think they're screwed!!

ahh that piece of **** castle went 11-5 for them years ago... they will bring in some scrub and make the playoffs..

Does anyone have a link to the episode with the duster? I've looked at all of my past recordings and it's not there..

-
Back