Gave up and sold out...

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
Well Just sold my last car to a friend.. My 69 B5 blue roadrunner.. Trailer will be sold next month and then I will go pick me up a 2012 SRT 8 Challenger with a 6 speed and be done with old cars. It has been a very fun ride but it had to come to an end.. Health and drive was the factors that lead me to this.. It is going to be weird...

sorry to see you go, hopefully you can hold on to that chally until it is just as old as the roadrunner is now
basically sit this one out and hop back on once the world comes back around ;)

sorry to see you go, hopefully you can hold on to that chally until it is just as old as the roadrunner is now
basically sit this one out and hop back on once the world comes back around ;)

LOL, well put! Its still a Mopar, so enjoy it!

Hate to hear it but you will have fun with the Challenger, nice smooth cars, I have a 2012 with a 6-speed.
One thing I have to say about the new ones is they do everything right, plenty of power, no noise, quiet, comfortable, large trunk, add a complete exhaust for some real sound.
The bad, the complete blind side of the whole rear of the car, I hope the one you are looking at has a back up camera, because mine don't and you have to be very careful where your park because you can see nothing behind the car.

Car will be a 2012.. Backup camera I do not know. Will start shopping next month... I am buying used low mile.. Plans are to send it to a shop for a pro charger and cam swap along with exhaust.. Then go from there..

Car will be a 2012.. Backup camera I do not know. Will start shopping next month... I am buying used low mile.. Plans are to send it to a shop for a pro charger and cam swap along with exhaust.. Then go from there..

If done right you could be cruising around saying "heeeeere kitty kitty!" Ya never know.

I understand totally. Dads got a 2013 SRT 8 Challenger he may be looking to give up. Plum crazy with a 6 speed. Real low mileage, about 5,000.

Attachments

• 10636272_10152476410458250_8286207961012202075_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 602
I totally understand. I partnered with a friend and rebuilt a wrecked 2010 SRT 8 6 speed last year. The prev. owner installed headers and I'm sure a chip. It is a rocket ship and plenty fun to drive. If you enjoyed the old cars you will also enjoy the new one. You can always stick around here. You don't need a A body to be a friend here. Have fun and keep us posted. Toolmanmike

Attachments

• 002a.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 015 (2).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 615
Well, at least it's going to a friend. Maybe he'll give you a chance to buy it back when the time comes!

Well Just sold my last car to a friend.. My 69 B5 blue roadrunner.. Trailer will be sold next month and then I will go pick me up a 2012 SRT 8 Challenger with a 6 speed and be done with old cars. It has been a very fun ride but it had to come to an end.. Health and drive was the factors that lead me to this.. It is going to be weird...

Not a bad move at all. I've been debating the last few years about selling everything and buying modern muscle. They just do everything better.

some days I ask "why" am I still busting my butt working on these old ones. twist my bad knee and I have to crawl back to the house!?? LOL No really!
I might be in your position one day, but no one would give me enough for my old ones for even a down payment!!!

Do your best for your health. You can aways enjoy a MoPar later.

Good move. I'm hoping to sell my cars this year. I'm just tired of all the old car stuff. 43 years old these old mopars, is enuff.

I completely understand. I still have my 71, btu except for maintenance, it doesn't need anything, any more. In fact, it's now down in Florida sitting in my garage at the condo. This spring it will probably make it to a few local car shows, and act as a back up car while we are down there, I have no plans of dong any major work to it, ever again.

Might do a truck, but if I do, it will be one that has all of the body, chassis, and suspension work already done, and just needs an engine/trans installed.

My daily driver is a new truck, and you'd be surprised how little attention they need. Essentially, 4 oil changes a year and 4 tire rotations, and air filter service. Shocks, and a timing belt at 100K miles, and you're essentially good to go. Bumper to bumper warranty to 100K miles, and now available to 250K miles.

if we don't enjoy working on them, then its not what it should be. I still e njoy it, figure good exercise, but my strength in my knees is way bad, and the cartlidge keeps falling off.

couple decades ago I was out and a bout, came up on a 71 runner sitting in a farmyard with this old man sitting in it, engine running. I stoped and asked ," ya must be a real mopar guy," he answered " he'd bought the car new but was too old too drive, " he goes out everyday, starts it up and just listens to it run! true story..

Once a gearhead always a gearhead. You don't even have the car yet and you are already building it up. I love that! BTW..if you live in a rural area just run up through the gears in that SRT-8. You may not want any of that stuff. 185mph is really fast. the SRT8's sweet spot is 80mph-140mph. Nothing like it. CarMax always has low mile SRT8 Challengers 6spd in stock. And...if your are lucky....you may even find a B5 blue one.

Sounds like a better plan than I've been using.

I've been thinking of selling off all my hobbies and buying
a new big mower, small tractor and loader, truck and traveling
before I get too old to enjoy this life.
A lot more to it than just cars.

I'm tempted to sell my Dart and my F150 and buy a 2010..ish...Hemi Reg cab pickup. Almost 400 hp from the factory. I really like the R/T version. Anyone wanna do a package deal. :)
The F150 is a one of one...Little Ford Express.

Attachments

• Eandthe65a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 461
  • f150a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 483
If you don't enjoy it then stop. That's the bottom line. A hobby should never feel like a job!

I like the new muscle a lot but I still enjoy driving and working on my old dart much more then my newer mustang. Right now I can't imagine loosing interest in the hobby but I have lost interest in other things and that was it. Liquidate and move on!

I can certainly understand your reasons. Good luck with your new endeavors.

You didn't sell out you sold up.
I've had some cool cars & boats. Enjoyed all of them, all very different Shelby CSX (Shadow), '93 Corvette convertible, NACRA 5.2 (catamaran sail boat), Ski Nautique, Sea Doo GTX and had a lot of fun with them but realized that there's time that comes to let them go for others to enjoy.

I'm in the same boat. So many different cars in the world to enjoy and only one ***.

The rat rod is for sale and the fat blu fish may be off to market soon as well. I am trying my hand at working on something new and different. I say enjoy as many different types as you can cause you only get one chance.

Mop

Attachments

• 20150125_150740.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 453
-
Back