Getting Evicted

-
Tom, did you confirm if you pay the rent and late fees, the eviction process will be halted? Setting up paypal is easy, and you need a banking account to link to it too. So realistically you may be mailed monies too.
We're here to help, to tell us how we can help, outside of praying for you, your family and this situation.

I'll pledge $100 so build a list of FABO members pledging and PM us, if the FABO rules don't allow you to post an email address in the thread.

Lived in the back of a 67 Plymouth Wagon for a while many years ago.....worst feeling in the world.My SS is my only liquid asset right now but I will pledge $20 as soon as we get a Paypal Addy.

Lived in the back of a 67 Plymouth Wagon for a while many years ago.....worst feeling in the world.My SS is my only liquid asset right now but I will pledge $20 as soon as we get a Paypal Addy.

Thanks MT:angel12:

We lived in my 64 sport fury convertible, THREE of us for a few MONTHS! At least the weather was good in San Diego. Not fun.

Have you been served with court papers, or notified of a court date? The agency has to file for eviction,and you have to be served, with a court date. and, a Judge has to authorize eviction by the Sheriff. You then go to the judge and explain, and That all takes time. It isn't just 15 days late and your out. A judge can override any rental contract if he sees fit. I have been a Landlord for 20 years, and am a Licensed Real Estate agent. Landlord tenant laws, and Judges tend to be very pro tenant,so this doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't trust anything the rental agency says. They represent the interests of the Owner of the home. I wouldn't evict someone in these circumstances, if you were historically a good tenant., You are hard to find,,,,,,,,,,,
I would also pitch in if that is what it takes.

I have been served I will post a copy of the order I have. I really appreciate all the help you all have offered up for me. It truly is a blessing. I am going to call the rental company on Monday and see if I pay them the fees owed if we can stay in the house. If not I will use whatever I have to get a deposit on another home. The generosity of the people on these forums is a blessing and I never want to ask for help but right now I am literally against the wall. The lease is in my wife's name. I will try to set up a paypal right now. Thank You all so very much and as soon as I get the paypal set up I will post the address. I am very worried right now and am just hoping that everything will work out for the best.

Attachments

• Eviction Notice.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 753
Ok I went to paypal site and I think I set up my account but I do not know the address of the account. Does anyone here know how I get this information? I used my e mail address and linked it to my debit card but I cannot find any other information on how to get the paypal address. please advise.

Account is your email address used to set up. at least that's what mine is.
When you get it figured out I'll throw $50.00 your way.

Count me in for $100, and I think if you put it under your email address you should be able to post that and it will be good!!

Ok I went to paypal site and I think I set up my account but I do not know the address of the account. Does anyone here know how I get this information? I used my e mail address and linked it to my debit card but I cannot find any other information on how to get the paypal address. please advise.

Duster,

Nevermind.

Tom

I will be sending $100 to the paypal account. I had to live with my sister four a week once, with my four kids. Nobody should have to suffer through that!

im waiting for confirmation before I send anything, just in case. MT

If the amount raised exceeds the amount I owe for rent I will use that to put as a security deposit for another place. I still did not receive a check today. I am just trying to hang on here. I did however get an electric bill with a shut off notice. This check issue with the insurance comapny has been going on since March. I got my first two comp checks and then they started coming late. Called my lawyer and she got them to send me checks for a couple weeks on time then middle of March they did the same thing, started sending me checks late. I was almost evicted in March. The rental company was at the court taking out papers when I went in with the rent and the late fee. This may be a blessing as my lease expires in September and they have already told me that they will not be renewing my lease for another year. I have lived here since 2011 but they want to raise the rent here and in my opinion this house is not worth the $975/mth and ALWAYS PAID MY RENT ON TIME except for March of this year. So any and all help is appreciated. I am now searching Craigslist for another rental home. I do not trust this rental company and at this point I just want to find another home. Hopefully I can get some place close enough so as not to disturb my kids and have to uproot them from the schools they attend. But if so I got to do what I got to do. I just cannot believe this is all happening now. My wife is so sick with Lupus and Sjogrens Syndrome and diabetes and she is really not taking all this well. Again thanks to FABO for the help. You people out here are literally going to keep me and my family from being homeless. I will eventually get my checks but even so I wouldn't have enough to move and afford a security deposit on a new place. My wife still does not have any insurance for medical. She had medicare for 6 months but lost it and right now we just go to ER and let them send us the bill. What else can I do?

Tom,

I checked Zillow for rental listings in your area. Does not look good. 3 bd 2 bath are all $1000 or more. I have no idea how people get that kind of rent for houses that are worth 130 K The house I rent out in AZ is worth 160 K and I can only get $875 for rent.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Tom

-
Back