Glass is IN !!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup, my Buddy Tom came over and we had it done in about 2 hours for the front and rear. The windshield was a piece of cake.... that back window was a pain. But regardless, it's DONE.

SANY4-vi.jpg

A little sealant....
SANY0010-vi.jpg

Start from the bottom getting the windshield to seat....
SANY0012-vi.jpg

Work your way up the sides....
SANY0022-vi.jpg

Tuck in the top and your done. Just like that.

SANY0031-vi.jpg

The back glass was giving us a hard time, but we got it installed.

SANY0030-vi.jpg

Tom's my Boy.... He's always willing to dive in and help me. Today was a great day.... we got both windows in without a single moment of kaos. No scratches,dents,or screw-up's. Installing the windows was way easy. No way did I think it would just drop in like that. And to think I almost handed the glazier $$$$ yesterday to do this!

And of course, he's a short video of me actually DRIVING it. Granted it was a short drive....

http://media.putfile.com/DrivingIt

I just realized the registration and inspection stickers are expired almost 3 yrs. to the day! :-D

Sweet ! Nice front seat ! LOL guess you dont need that window.

Sweet ! Nice front seat ! LOL guess you dont need that window.

Thank you for the offer Adam, but it looks like the F-you faries stayed out of the yard today. No need for that back window.... :-D

So did you put sealant between the gasket and the pinch weld all around and then just work the windows in without roping it???

Nice! After all the freaking out the other day kicking yourself you have to feel like you went from the outhouse to the penthouse. Its always nice when a little "twist of fate" leaves a little extra green in your pockets!!

Congrat's John.
It is always good to see a happy thread of a member here getting something dun and spelled it out and pictures to boot.
Looks like your fine 68 is rapidly coming together.
Give Tom a fabo thanks from me and keep them smiles on men.

good job John. Glad to see more progress. Will you just bolt a damn seat in there and go up the street and back on film? You will not stop smiling after that. Screw the reg for that short of a trip.

what did you use sealant on? the gasket to the car or the glass to the gasket? maybe next weekend ill be doing mine. my headliner just came in im still waiting for the glue from some asshat i on ebay so im hoping sunday to do the headliner. car is looking good.

It's all coming together and looking sweet.

Not too get off topic, but can I get a pic of the tach bracket on the dash please? My set-up really sucks.

Oh, and is that a lil' David Lee Roth playing at the end? Yankee Rose? :thumbup:

-
Back