Got my Bloomer headed 421 back running.

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the engine back together and running. With a few updates. New Crower cam, New headers 1 7/8 primaries with 3.5 merge collectors. Pro systems alcohol fuel system and carb. Going to Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL for test and tune Thursday night. I'm hoping to go 6.0's to 5.90's. Should be interesting

Nice cam, what times did you used to run? Not sure if you had a breakdown or just upgrading for more speed..

Nice cam, what times did you used to run? Not sure if you had a breakdown or just upgrading for more speed..
He has previously been 6.08 at 112+
old cam was 263 on intake , similar lift.
he had 1 5/8 headers on it before
he has posted this on here previously, so hopefully not speaking out of turn..lol
Looking forward to seeing Vic’s results too, should pick up nicely

Went to the test and tune. My new prosystems fuel pump stopped pumping after 1.5 passes. Had too much preload in the car. And didn't get to do any tuning. Went 1.34 at 60 , 6.18 in the 1/8 @112, 9.70 @ 135 in the 1/4. Had to drive it because I put too much preload on the right side and it was on the rev limiter for the last 150 feet of the 1/4 mile. This was at 2910 lbs and 34 deg timing on sonoco race gas and shifting at 6400 . I've another fuel pump coming and will get back to Steele and test some more.
I hardly ever do any 1/4 racing but if I do anymore I'll have to get a 4.56 gear for the AMX . That was the fastest pass that it's ever made with me in the car, in high heat without oxygenated race gas. It was about 96 degrees. I think the after tuning the suspension and the engine that I can get to 6.0's on non oxygenated race gas and 5.90's on alcohol with me in the car. It has been 6.08 at 113 with my son driving but he's 100 lbs lighter than me. And BTW if you are in the area Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL is the place to test and tune. I have a video but it says it's too big, and I don't know how to edit it down. Sorry

Went to the test and tune. My new prosystems fuel pump stopped pumping after 1.5 passes. Had too much preload in the car. And didn't get to do any tuning. Went 1.34 at 60 , 6.18 in the 1/8 @112, 9.70 @ 135 in the 1/4. Had to drive it because I put too much preload on the right side and it was on the rev limiter for the last 150 feet of the 1/4 mile. This was at 2910 lbs and 34 deg timing on sonoco race gas and shifting at 6400 . I've another fuel pump coming and will get back to Steele and test some more.
I hardly ever do any 1/4 racing but if I do anymore I'll have to get a 4.56 gear for the AMX . That was the fastest pass that it's ever made with me in the car, in high heat without oxygenated race gas. It was about 96 degrees. I think the after tuning the suspension and the engine that I can get to 6.0's on non oxygenated race gas and 5.90's on alcohol with me in the car. It has been 6.08 at 113 with my son driving but he's 100 lbs lighter than me. And BTW if you are in the area Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL is the place to test and tune. I have a video but it says it's too big, and I don't know how to edit it down. Sorry

you can download your video to youtube and post the link here . sounds like your making some steam .

Thats still a nice off the trailer pass considering 100# heavy, 96* heat and on the limiter. What gear ratio are you running now ?

That thing sounds wicked! #tractionlimited lol

Slow the video down......11 Sec in to the video. pulled the front tire back off the ground in 2nt Gear. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got the alcohol carburetor on it testing Thursday night. Then racing Friday and Saturday night if it goes well.

Screenshot_20230731-165437_Facebook.jpg

-
Back