Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Used them back in the day.... both for arms and comms gear... but I wasn't picking up the tab. :lol:

They do look a little out of my budget. I have three back to back to back long weekend Halloween races so I bought this for my TX22 compact so I’m taking a break from spending. Lol

image.jpg

Sold this Argentine 1927 about 5 years ago and just got it back, Sis to the 1911 45 and did a few mods to it years ago but still have all the original parts.

IMG_20231002_173513237.jpg

IMG_20231002_173525870.jpg

IMG_20231002_183043246_HDR.jpg

I miss my Rotts. How's the full tail? I loved watching the stub tail wiggle on my dogs.
Ive had both and both have their own expressions. The full tail seems to lend as a rudder. The stub did tell some stories.

post some pictures!

As far as I know it is the same. Was made buy Colt that set up a plant in Argentine from what I read.
Yep, technically not actually made by Colt but licensed. See @Phreakish post below. They relocated a bunch of their equipment down there as they modernized plant in US. Here is a funny story about that. So early 80s I am competing in the very new what will become IDPA Division matches back when Bill Wilson was still shooting with us and not famous. I was welding bolt handles on old military rifles for him at a place called Berryville Machine shop, owned by the Jackson family. I was rocking a National Match Colt Gold Cup and it broke down mid match. Just so happened a had a Argentinian beater 1911 under seat in the truck. I grabbed it tore it apart found the part i needed hit it with a file, put it in my fancy Colt and finished the match!

Yep, technically not actually made by Colt but licensed. See @Phreakish post below. They relocated a bunch of their equipment down there as they modernized plant in US. Here is a funny story about that. So early 80s I am competing in the very new what will become IDPA Division matches back when Bill Wilson was still shooting with us and not famous. I was welding bolt handles on old military rifles for him at a place called Berryville Machine shop, owned by the Jackson family. I was rocking a National Match Colt Gold Cup and it broke down mid match. Just so happened a had a Argentinian beater 1911 under seat in the truck. I grabbed it tore it apart found the part i needed hit it with a file, put it in my fancy Colt and finished the match!
Sounds like something you would do and that's call ingenuity. :thumbsup:

So question to all y’all. I just got a Aero Precision X15 in a trade. It has a 223 Wylde barrel. Anyone have any experience at all with the brand? I have never even had a student in class rock one much less have I ever shot one. Anybody know anything about them? Seems pretty darn well built?

So question to all y’all. I just got a Aero Precision X15 in a trade. It has a 223 Wylde barrel. Anyone have any experience at all with the brand? I have never even had a student in class rock one much less have I ever shot one. Anybody know anything about them? Seems pretty darn well built?
Yay! You can shoot 5.56!

I have so many,luckily my dad taught me to shoot good.Have a Kimber .45 on order,will be my new carry gun since I have my ccw permit.I do follow the laws.I carry a .380 at the moment that a saved my life 2 years ago,raped and shot my rapist dead on the spot

I have so many,luckily my dad taught me to shoot good.Have a Kimber .45 on order,will be my new carry gun since I have my ccw permit.I do follow the laws.I carry a .380 at the moment that a saved my life 2 years ago,raped and shot my rapist dead on the spot
Glad you are still with us! Many people under estimate a .380. I do not.

Glad you are still with us! Many people under estimate a .380. I do not.
My life was in danger that night,shot my rapist in the chest killing him instantly.My dad was proud of me that I learned well from him.My mom is the same way,dad taught her well seeing she is a good shooter too.My dad knew which glock commercial with the late R Lee Ermey in it fit me and still does

Last edited:
My life was in danger that night,shot my rapist in the chest killing him instantly.My dad was proud of me that I learned well from him.My mom is the same way,dad taught her well seeing she is a good shooter too.My dad knew which glock commercial with the late R Lee Ermey in it fit me and still does

Welcome,
as you have likely figured out if you have been reading this thread. Most all of us see 2A as both a right and a responsibility to pass on to our children. Much like your Father. We do have some folks that are here just for the outstanding dog pix tho! Hah!

IMG_0856.jpeg

-
Back