Hamburger/Batchelder time machine

-
I see three Dusters and a e-body (Cuda?) in a picture from back in the day....is this one of those reconfigured to a Dodge....or is it a different car?

congrats on the purchase.....you never know what the future brings, but if you ever want to bring it to The Nats.....it would be right at home in the big tent alongside other well-known Mopar drag warriors from the 60's and 70's.

Last edited:
Cam Dynamics roller cam, Deccel brakes, Mallory ignition, Speed Pro rings, Turbo Action valve body ? remember Tommy Auger in a Hamburger super stock Duster from Maine? My Duster is an old low budget super stock I car I bought in 1981 for $1000. so around how much did you steal her for $ ?

Cam Dynamics roller cam, Deccel brakes, Mallory ignition, Speed Pro rings, Turbo Action valve body ? remember Tommy Auger in a Hamburger super stock Duster from Maine? My Duster is an old low budget super stock I car I bought in 1981 for $1000. so around how much did you steal her for $ ?
We used to run a cam dynamics 785 lift roller ,boat cam . Worked very well ! Any body know who bought them out? SORRY O.P. !

One more question.....whose bright idea was it to do the holeshot from INSIDE the garage?
:)

was on racingjunk
That add is actually misleading. It was Ed Hamburgers Duster but it is not as advertised. The car is now all cut up and has been modified so the picture is misleading. The guy who bought the car in the 70's from Ed is a friend of mine. My car is a different car but from the same group.

There is a 70 T/A Chellenger here that was a similar story. Campaigned for a while then stored. Surfaced around 8 yrs ago with a few thousand miles on it. Still wore all it racing paint and equipment.
There is one here in the Toronto area.Is this the one you were thinking of
ss70challengerrt_13059460841783474416.jpg

IIRC the one out here was orange. I have seen the car a few times but it has been 10yrs+. Had insanely lowiles due to being a racer from the start.

Wow, that's awesome. Anything new to post OP

As old as it is, this thread just popped up in my alerts. Such a cool car!

In a strange twist of fate, I now own a 440 built by Nick Tosi. When I was talking to Nick about it, he mentioned he did a lot of engine stuff for Ed Hamburger.

I purchased this basically untouched 70's time machine.
I've been pursuing the car for a while now.

View attachment 1715129393

View attachment 1715129394

Im curious do you know if that car was in NY
like 20 years ago ???? I bought a 71 cuda from a guy only a few miles from my house and there was a mopar super stocker in the garage and I’m sure he said it was a Hamburger car. If not I’m going to see if he and the car are still there.

-
Back