Harbor Freight Tool

-

I have that one, but its an older model, DualMig 131 that is 110V (so I guess I dont have that model...?) . My wire drive wheel tensioner didnt seem to catch the .030 wire even cranked all the way down , so I flipped it and used the .025 side, works good now. Havent tried gas yet, and I even have a tank and regulator already. Mine was made in Italy and I got it cheap second hand. The guy said it didnt feed. I opened up the gun and found the weld wire was not even inside the coil, it had fed between the coil and the neck and jammed. No issues, but if you put a desk fan pointing at it, itll work longer before it thermal switch shuts down. I think they redesigned the feed tensioner because mine works on the long end of a strip of spring metal so you cant really tighten it down before the arm starts to bend (maybe by design?) I should get a new drive wheel if they offer it.
DONT get: Exhaust tube expanders (they strip the drive screw or break the anvil) and I have broken many of their long screwdrivers, but they have a lifetime warranty so I keep taking them back. I have their HD engine stand and the arms adjust, dont see how they cant fit a 360...And I have their breakdown cherry picker (upgrade all hardware to Grade 8) works fine but its a little shaky because its held to together with pins, but my buddy did pull a F350 Ford Diesel motor with trans with one, and that weighed close to 1/2 ton, braver than me.

yea i had fun getting a hemi and a slant on them to...

My slant went on easy !!! Yes I purchased grade 8 bolts and washers too !! I also bought one of their large tumblers,and as long as you degrease the parts it does a good job !!

I have heard from 2 members that their welders were decent.I will have to check into it more.

My motto in regards to Harbor Freight is "If it has a cord don't buy it". It is over an hour to return crap to them from here and I won't do it any more.

Yep, if it has a cord don't buy it and if it has anything to do with cutting or grinding such as saw blades or grinding wheels, don't buy them either. They'll just fall apart, snap in half or the teeth will just come right off.

I saw a hole saw kit there for $3 (!!!) and knew it was too good to be true. Bought it for entertainment and brought it to work to see if it would cut through the firewall of this truck so I could run wires through. I put it on the firewall, pulled the trigger of the drill and couldn't see any cutting happening after about 4 seconds. Turned and looked at the hole saw bit and it had no teeth anymore lol

I don't know if I already told this story but me and a buddy were in my garage talking about how you should never buy cheap tools. I told him some where ok since they didn't need to be expensive. I pointed to the wall and told him I got that Awl over there from Harbor Freight and there was no need for it to be expensive since it was just an Awl. He agreed and then a couple weeks or so later I was trying to punch a hole in this can of body sealer I have. After getting a hole in it, I tried pulling the awl out and the handle came right off and wouldn't go back on again lol

Cliff, You have a gold mine for getting good used quality tools for new HF prices or less right at your door step. On Admiral just west of Memorial there is 2 flea markets when you can get tools. I try to hit those flea markets every time I get to Tulsa. I think one of them is called Admiral flea market. If I am in Oklahoma City, I go to Mary's and Old Paris flea markets. A week ago last Saturday I only had time to hit Mary's and here is the list of tools I picked up. 1/2" and 3/4" American made conduit benders with handles for $16 on the pair, Snap On Torx T45 for a quarter, New Klein cable screw drive for $2, a 2' x 6' metal box for a dime, high quality American made fiberglass handles OLD Crafsman tree pruners for $5, Mac metal hand held metal cutters $3, Large retractable electrical self winding American made OLD Craftsman extension cord with 3 110V plug in for $3, sealed box of 240 electrical terminals for $2 and a sack of other goodies that I can't recall the specifics of right now for around a duarter per item. I always dig in the boxes that have what look like junk tools because that is where I find my name brand tools for nothing. Most sellers just price it without looking at who made it.

Cliff, You have a gold mine for getting good used quality tools for new HF prices or less right at your door step. On Admiral just west of Memorial there is 2 flea markets when you can get tools. I try to hit those flea markets every time I get to Tulsa. I think one of them is called Admiral flea market. If I am in Oklahoma City, I go to Mary's and Old Paris flea markets. A week ago last Saturday I only had time to hit Mary's and here is the list of tools I picked up. 1/2" and 3/4" American made conduit benders with handles for $16 on the pair, Snap On Torx T45 for a quarter, New Klein cable screw drive for $2, a 2' x 6' metal box for a dime, high quality American made fiberglass handles OLD Crafsman tree pruners for $5, Mac metal hand held metal cutters $3, Large retractable electrical self winding American made OLD Craftsman extension cord with 3 110V plug in for $3, sealed box of 240 electrical terminals for $2 and a sack of other goodies that I can't recall the specifics of right now for around a duarter per item. I always dig in the boxes that have what look like junk tools because that is where I find my name brand tools for nothing. Most sellers just price it without looking at who made it.

Thanks that is a great tip and the flea market on Admiral isn't too far a way. I need to go check them out.

Most likely I will be there this weekend because we will be going to see the sister in law. Early pickens are the best.

I can't go until next week to buy. But if you let me know for sure I can always come up and look around.And learn a few tips from you?

Ohh and their 2000lb engine stand, i would NOT recommend the other ones. Have my 440 long block set on it now, Pick up grade8/10 bolts atleast 4.5inches long to use it and some same grade washers.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2000-lb-foldable-engine-stand-67015.html

Might pick one up myself. HF can be hit and miss. Think I have the same engine stand...LOL. Tried rotating a Caddy 500 on it...eh! On the same token, bought a $20 full sized floor jack from there in '93. Been outside since I've owned it. The handle spring is busted and it looks more pink than orange these days but still jacks my 1/2 ton truck like a champ.

Harbor Freight sucks.

Thats it im going on a rant. Because this is turning ridiculous. There seems to be a complete lack of empathy on this site, im SORRY im freakn broke, im SORRY i'm not as cool as you, Im SORRY I grew up in an effin trailer, and i'm SORRY you don't won't or can't understand others predicaments.

Yall can bad mouth HF all you want in another thread, yes a lot of thier stuff is next to worthless but let me tell you what when you have limited funds (i.e had to sell parts to do the work on your car, and eating raman noodle instead of grocery shopping) You have certain parts that you HAVE to buy, tools cut into your already dwindling budget. Some stuff it would be nice to buy nice, but if i'm buying from HF than I have a tool I have to have to do a job that I have to do. Yes I would rather buy something decent off of craigslist, but guess what craigslist is hit or miss sometimes what you need at the price you need cant be gotten in the time frame you need it.

Vast majority of my tools are craftsman/craftsman pro with a smattering of Snapon that i've collected over the years. But guess what I don't always have the money to get nice tools and mechanic jobs wait for no one....

So get off your damn high horse and either say something constructive or go post in another thread.

Thats it im going on a rant. Because this is turning ridiculous. There seems to be a complete lack of empathy on this site, im SORRY im freakn broke, im SORRY i'm not as cool as you, Im SORRY I grew up in an effin trailer, and i'm SORRY you don't won't or can't understand others predicaments.

Yall can bad mouth HF all you want in another thread, yes a lot of thier stuff is next to worthless but let me tell you what when you have limited funds (i.e had to sell parts to do the work on your car, and eating raman noodle instead of grocery shopping) You have certain parts that you HAVE to buy, tools cut into your already dwindling budget. Some stuff it would be nice to buy nice, but if i'm buying from HF than I have a tool I have to have to do a job that I have to do. Yes I would rather buy something decent off of craigslist, but guess what craigslist is hit or miss sometimes what you need at the price you need cant be gotten in the time frame you need it.

Vast majority of my tools are craftsman/craftsman pro with a smattering of Snapon that i've collected over the years. But guess what I don't always have the money to get nice tools and mechanic jobs wait for no one....

So get off your damn high horse and either say something constructive or go post in another thread.

Well said and this thread has proven not all their tools are bad.

Exactly. If you want Snap-on You've gotta pay Snap-on prices. Some of us can't afford a $100 dollar ratchet (not recommended from HF). We've gotta make due with Craftsman and selected HF items.

Speaking of HF tools i've had to have didnt mention that the 4x4 ball joint puller/press is worth the money. It can be a pain in the *** to figure out how to get the angles, directions right for it to come out but it works and doesnt break. Had to do the ZJ's upper and lowers, had some pressed on there so hard I had to use a 1/2" impact gun on the end of puller to get them off(8' cheater bar if I couldnt get the gun in there). Nothing broke, stripped or rounded off.

I bought one of their engine stands,had no problem at all mounting my /6 on it !!

Its no hemi, and its not off center like the slants are, but was able to get the 440 complete, on the stand by myself...several times. It was harder to install and yank the motor with the POS cherry picker than it was to put it on the engine stand. Best way I found(because of the angle they made it at) is to bolt the bracket up to the motor, than slide the engine stand on the bracket and put the pin in it, than drop everything to the floor using the cherry picker

There is one tool from harbour frieght I would like to have.It is for vacuuming out the AC system,via your compressor. It's a little item less than $20,just never got around to it. When I work up to it I plan on having the system drained by a pro. He owes me a freebie. I'll make the repairs,vacuum the system down and wait overnight for really good drainage.Fill it myself! Should be gold after that.

This one...

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-vacuum-pump-with-r134a-and-r12-connectors-96677.html

My point being,has anyone bought one of those? Got a review for me?

1). I live in a trailer. It's all I can afford.
2). I am so broke, because my wife is in the hospital, we will not have enough money to meet this month's bills because we have ZERO savings. So FORGET Christmas and FORGET our 17th anniversary on Dec 5th. I am on disability and she is a collections agent for the hospital where she is right now for heart trouble. We are FAR from well off.
3). I have tons of empathy for people on this site. I constantly give advice for FREE and parts for FREE as well.
4). I am not on a high horse. I USE harbor freight stuff all the time. It still sucks. It's cheap *** stuff made to use once or twice and throw in the trash can. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
5). Thanks for being a total ***.

Oh and btw guys, my engine hoist and one of my engine stands came from HF and my shop floor jack. They still suck compared to nicer units, but they do work.

1). I live in a trailer. It's all I can afford.
2). I am so broke, because my wife is in the hospital, we will not have enough money to meet this month's bills because we have ZERO savings. So FORGET Christmas and FORGET our 17th anniversary on Dec 5th. I am on disability and she is a collections agent for the hospital where she is right now for heart trouble. We are FAR from well off.
3). I have tons of empathy for people on this site. I constantly give advice for FREE and parts for FREE as well.
4). I am not on a high horse. I USE harbor freight stuff all the time. It still sucks. It's cheap *** stuff made to use once or twice and throw in the trash can. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
5). Thanks for being a total ***.

Cliff states that HF isn't preferable at the begging of this thread. But created the thread for those of us who have to use it on occasion. The reason is so that we have a list of tools in a single thread to try and take the hit or miss out of HF. YES, HF sucks we all know this, we are trying to figure out whats usable, and what isnt so someone else doesn't have to buy the tool you and a list of 10 others broke before you could even finish the job.

With all those HF tools you've been using how about chiming in and helping with the thread instead of chiming in with 3 words that, if you actually read the thread, has already been a dead horse beaten to a pulp. The intention of this thread has already been established, how about being constructive.

You think being ******* hateful to me was constructive? I was actually jokin around with my "Harbor Freight sucks" post. I think yall need to lighten up a bit. Carry on. You can do it without me.

-
Back