Hating the new dart

-
I've heard rumors of a Barracuda being built, but more of a small-engined Fiat/Alpha Romeo type of car vs. the tire shredding monsters of yesterday. I also read that the Challenger is going away in 2014.

Its actually an Alfa Romeo Giulietta which has pretty good reviews. Yes, Alfa is part of the Fiat group but it's not Fiat. don't call a chevy a buick.
I'll take a well built euro car over anything from japan korea or china any day of the week.
Oh God no! The asian cars are built light years better than anything coming out of europe today. Most are over-engineered & are unreliable & expensive to fix.

FIAT= Found In A Toilet!

I've heard rumors of a Barracuda being built, but more of a small-engined Fiat/Alpha Romeo type of car vs. the tire shredding monsters of yesterday. I also read that the Challenger is going away in 2014.

I think a lot of this is being done to meet the federal gas mileage mandates of the bailouts. It would be a shame to see the Challenger go since it is a pretty nice looking car.

drink the bong water.....then say ....So????? and skip away merrily.....:)
Yea... I knew better than to start talking about this subject again.. and did it again anyways... my bad... And the cracks about my 'rambling' and that I should 'stop drinking the bong water' were needless, but hey whatever.. so now its my turn to clarify.. first.. I never said the new Dart resembled any generation of previous Dart.. (which I believe was part of my original point, since NO generation of Dart ('real' or otherwise) resembles the other.. I never claimed the new Dart was an A-body (In fact im pretty sure I didnt designate a body class for it at all) .. and I asked what 'real' Dart you were referring to when saying the new Dart doesnt resemble the 'real' Darts.. you did in fact say 'any generation', again my bad.. I probably just didnt ask the question right, (drinking the bong water does that) .. I guess the question was, what about it doesnt resemble any previous generation? the outward appearance? wheelbase? the fact that it doesnt come in a 2 door, or there is no V8 option? I think that was more what I was going after.. since again, outward appearance wise, none of them resemble each other...

I was not looking to argue with you either, (or anyone else for that matter) discuss... yes... argue ..no.. but again, I should know better after the 17 other threads about the new Dart that I got involved in, to even bother posting at all... so again... my bad... carry on...

drink the bong water.....then say ....So????? and skip away merrily.....:)

lol.. I have already skipped away merrily.. I am done with the whole new Dart subject.. its just beating a dead horse.. and I was really never a fan of the bong water, I'll just stick to the beer LOL...:drinkers:

I been passen on both of them....wonder whats in the bong water?
lol.. I have already skipped away merrily.. I am done with the whole new Dart subject.. its just beating a dead horse.. and I was really never a fan of the bong water, I'll just stick to the beer LOL...:drinkers:

wow this got off track I started it saying I didn't like it because or searching on the web

I been passen on both of them....wonder whats in the bong water?

Not a clue LOL .. and I keep promising myself that I am eventually gonna give up the brewsky's... just not quite yet lol

ya'll wanna park one of them new darts here at my cribb? I got a yard full of valiants and dart would be liftin their leggs to pee on it,sure I could find a redneck with a mudtruck to show that thing some homeboy luvvin.....lol I'd rather have a mustang than that pile...just sayin

Have not seen one, don't want to. Don't care how "good" of a car it is, if it does not even remotely resemble the "real" Darts, any generation of them, it should not share the name.....

My thoughts exactly. I told my brother last night they should have named the new Dart either an Omni or a Colt. And he builds the new Dart engine's lol. At least that way there is no more confusion. Espically when you tell someone you have a Dart, most think you bought a brand new car.

I know nameplates evolve over the years, but when one dies they should let it be and make the marketing department earn their money and come up with something fresh. Nice car, bad name.......

I know nameplates evolve over the years, but when one dies they should let it be and make the marketing department earn their money and come up with something fresh. Nice car, bad name.......

My thoughts exactly,,,Challenger excluded, since it is a very good modern replica.

I think a lot of this is being done to meet the federal gas mileage mandates of the bailouts. It would be a shame to see the Challenger go since it is a pretty nice looking car.

Enough about Bong Water. I want to know more about this subject ^

I am beginning to dislike the new Dodge Dart.Not because of what it is rather because of web searching.As I have a project underway I search the web often to get ideas or research someting.Use to be able to type in Dodge Dart and got all the old stuff you wanted now all I see is the new ones

I have been having the same problem. this is especially bad on craigslist.

Yeah what's with the new Dart? That the best they could do?
Obviously not real old school mopar guys behind that design.
Just goes to proove, they can't make em like they used to.
Glad we got the real deal boys, God bless 60's American muscle.

Enough about Bong Water. I want to know more about this subject ^

I bought the recent Mopar Action and it has an article discussing the new motors, or rebuilt Fiat motors, that are being designed for the new Dart. The article said that the goal is to be able to have a car that gets 40 mpg to meet the requirements of the Federal Bailout to allow Fiat to increase its stake in the company to 58%.

The same debate raged over the Charger, absolutely no one that loves the originals wanted a 4 dr Charger-they sold a LOT of them! I seen the Dart at a local dealership-sold it already. Motorweek said it was a very strong debut, like mentioned previously, I'll wait till they get everything sorted out.

Took these Sunday afternoon when I stopped by the local Dodge dealership to see if any of the new Darts had arrived. I found one and took a quick look at it.

Attachments

• IMG-20120715-00070.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-20120715-00071.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20120715-00072.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-20120715-00073.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 170
Took these Sunday afternoon when I stopped by the local Dodge dealership to see if any of the new Darts had arrived. I found one and took a quick look at it.

Thanks for the pic.. Since I am one of the minority that actually likes the car.. lol.. It was cool having your car in the pics. Would've been awesome if they would've let you park them side by side, or somehow more together... anyways cool.. I think I am gonna start looking to see if they're around here.. Im thinking I want one...

On another note, so far they're calling for decent weather this weekend.. Look forward to seeing you at Norwin Hills.. I will have my FABO shirt on

Roger that, I know my Dad is coming but I may bring my Bride as well. What restaurants are down that way to grab something to eat? It's been forever since I was down there. My Bride's family is from West Hempfield and lived on Monkey Wrench Road, plus I used to patrol down that way while on the PSP but I forget what's down there in the way of eateries.
Had the dealership been open I probably would have asked them to let me drive the new Dart and get some better photos. Maybe next visit over there.

Roger that, I know my Dad is coming but I may bring my Bride as well. What restaurants are down that way to grab something to eat? It's been forever since I was down there. My Bride's family is from West Hempfield and lived on Monkey Wrench Road, plus I used to patrol down that way while on the PSP but I forget what's down there in the way of eateries.
Had the dealership been open i probably would have asked them to let me drive the new Dart and get some better photos. Maybe next visit over there.

Well.. they have all the basic food joints all along Rt 30 from Greensburg to Irwin.. Everything from McDonalds on up.. One light before Norwin Hills (coming from Greensburg) is Teddy's Restaraunt.. My wife and I like going there..atmosphere is nice and the food is great.. just a thought..

-
Back