Hello new here getting ready to build a rwd daytona

-

gary hill

Reaction score
Hello group im new here and new to building a dodge hot rod. I have built a lot of chevy nova's. now I'm getting ready to start on building a 87 Daytona going to be making a rwd drive out of it. I have found a rear end out of a 72 dodge that will fit under the rear end that is 51" backing plate to backing plate its only a 8.25 but it will work for now going to build the rear frame doing a 4 link set up good thing my son knows how to do all the tig welding. And I just found and bought a factory mopar V8 frame kit for the front end all new still in the box's they stopped making this kit in 1990,going with a stock 440 engine was going to do a 4spd transmission but I changed my mind now going with a 727.this is going to be a fun build I will be posting pic's when I get started and if anyone has done this set up please let me know. Thanks Gary

Welcomd aboard. Can't wait to see pics. Sounds like a fun build...
Thanks I think it will be fun the 440 will fit the engine compartment ok lots of side room about 34" and about 3 " up front between water pump and radiator might cut fire wall some and move radiator ahead a little.

I built an 88 Daytona, then my parts chaser > uni body died, so,
decided to scrap the Daytona, build the Rampage
ended up using a Art Morrison tube chassis
Dodge Rampage ???

july2022200520012_zps9f3nfvlm.jpg

Welcome aboard, enjoy this great site.

-
Back