Hello to all

-

Lotus-14

Reaction score
Hello A-body people, A very quick introduction. My name is Tim, and I've owned and worked on A-Body Mopars since the early '60s. I spent some time as a mechanic and gofer on one of the early Dodge Dart road racers, pre Trans-Am FIA lightweight. I also owned a Dart, myself, which I ran in SCCA A-Sedan for a time before switching to smaller cars. I had a '63 Valiant station wagon, as a tow car. I wish I still had it, because it progressively got the left overs from racing, so it had the full heavy duty suspension, quick steering, disc brakes, NASCAR wheels, and lots of other stuff which made it handle really well. Unfortunately there is no one like Scott Harvey to call for parts anymore. In commemoration of that car I now have a '66 Dart wagon, which is currently in need of front floor boards, and to put the factory rebuilt 225 back in place. I'd love to put all the parts I once had on it, but the cost would be prohibitive, so it will stay sort of stock except some day I'll probably put an 8-1/4" R.E., and a small block V-8. So, happy driving!! Bye for now.

Welcome Tim. I wish I had a sway bar and new how to make my 66 valiant sedan handle just a bit better, You sound like another go to guy for some info.
Jump on in and enjoy Tim

Welcome aboard! We can always use more early A-bodies!! :cheers:

Picture 660.jpg

Welcome, Tim!

You'll find a treasure-trove of information plus great guys and gals I loving call my motor head family.

Sounds like you'll make a great addition to the forum.
:cheers:

~Mary

Yep I know. Back in the bad old days, you could buy the front sway bar brackets that you had to weld on the lower control arms, and then buy the bar and bits. I guess now, you'd need to find a set of control arms with the brackets in place. Arrrggggh!

I love your wagon!!! i want a roof rack.

Back in the '60s and '70s there was a bright red '66 Dart wagon in town with ALL the options...top of the line 273, the works...i wanted it bad, but one day it was gone, and I never found out where it went. The owner kept it immaculate.

TIM! Welcome aboard. Gotta love a guy that wrenched and owns an A body.

-
Back