Help make this go viral please....

-
Is he pink everywhere? My Harvey cat (as in Harvey the rabbit) had no color except his green eyes.

He has yellow eyes and pink and black toes along with his grey patches.

Also......something we've noticed that's disturbing. When one of us picks Scruff up, he immediately starts to cling to our arms as if he thinks we are going to throw him. We are really hoping he gets over that. I never thought an animal could have memory enough to be traumatized so badly, but it's very evident that he remembers everything.

Also......something we've noticed that's disturbing. When one of us picks Scruff up, he immediately starts to cling to our arms as if he thinks we are going to throw him. We are really hoping he gets over that. I never thought an animal could have memory enough to be traumatized so badly, but it's very evident that he remembers everything.

As you have seen all you need to do is take in a few rescue dogs and cats to see the anxiety that persists following trauma (not unlike PTSD) ... and the love shown in appreciation for that new caring.

You have done the right thing as I guess most of us have multiple time over the years. I have not seen that it goes away very fast. Although, our Christmas-abondoned kitty is eating enough and getting fat enough to prove this rule wrong. :cheers:

Dennis

Took some video. This is Scruff playing with Friendly. Friendly is the cat that disappeared for over three years and just showed back up. He and Scruff have become big buddies. Obviously.

[ame]https://youtu.be/GY7y_otkhGo[/ame]

Another Scruffdate. Here is a picture I took today. He is tough to get in focus because he never stays still. You can see from the other pictures how big he is now and he is not quite six months old. I think he is going to be a big cat.

Attachments

• BIG SCRUFF.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 351
Is he still a 'clinger' when you pick him up?

my stomach is turning over this - why do people do F-in BS like that?! WTF! Fear not - they will get theirs - Karma is a ***** brother! I too would like to help if I can - if you PM me your address and a quick list of a few things you need - I will UPS a "care package" to you! YOU ROCK!

whoa - I didn't notice the original date on this... LOL - you still ROCK! and I will still help if you need it. GLAD to see the cat is OK!

people would be surprised how a bad event/treatment caused by humans stick in their minds.....

I 've seen horses involved in a trailer accident/turnover...... did not affect them one bit.... but let a human cause them hurt and it can stick in their mind..... depends on the particular horse ... maybe a minute , maybe forever....

seems like dogs can be so forgiving to mistreatment... cats I have no real experience with..

Kudos to you and your compassion RRR
Mental illness is more widespread than you might think.People with
brains that function properly are not capable of this...

When we lived in Illinois my wife had some folks toss a puppy out of their moving car. She brought it home being I had not to long before lost my Aussie that I had for 16 years, needless to say I was a sad puppy myself. Well this dog has taken to me and since I have been off work due to stage 4 cancer she stays within inches of me at all times. She knows I am sick and have good days when we take a ride and bad days when we stay in bed all day. no matter where I am she is. I just thank my wife and the assholes that tossed her for bringing her home to me. She is one of the best things that ever happened to me. God bless you for taking this kitten in, to me you just got man of the year award. Steve

Is he still a 'clinger' when you pick him up?

No. Now he has changed that to doing everything in his power to get you to put him down. He still remembers. As long as when he is held is on his terms, like in the picture above, all is well.

whoa - I didn't notice the original date on this... LOL - you still ROCK! and I will still help if you need it. GLAD to see the cat is OK!

Hay I appreciate the offer......but we got him under control now. At the time it happened, another mouth was the last thing we needed, but we are ok right now. Many thanks for the offer and thanks to those of you of have helped. I can assure Scruff appreciates it. Every ounce of him. lol

most of the male and female cats i have are like that. for some reason they do that around 6 months to a year old. and only want to be held on their terms not yours. like 0300 when you want to sleep.

No. Now he has changed that to doing everything in his power to get you to put him down. He still remembers. As long as when he is held is on his terms, like in the picture above, all is well.

Cool. Nice to hear that RRR!

Just caught the note on my email. Glad to see how big Scruff has gotten. Good to see he's healthy. He's got good family to see him through. Speaking of family, how is your wife doing? We hope she is doing alright. If you need anything let us know. We will help in any way we can. I will have "What's her name" drop you a note. Take care. :coffee2:

Just caught the note on my email. Glad to see how big Scruff has gotten. Good to see he's healthy. He's got good family to see him through. Speaking of family, how is your wife doing? We hope she is doing alright. If you need anything let us know. We will help in any way we can. I will have "What's her name" drop you a note. Take care. :coffee2:

Heh.

Kitty is ok. We can use some prayers though as we are trying to get her approved for disability. She has been turned down twice and we have an attorney now that's going to help with her reconsideration.

Prayers will be sent your way. I went through all that crap with "What's her name". What a total pain in the a==. I hope the lawyer helps.:coffee2:

Here is the latest Scruff update. We will have had him one year come July 23rd. He was probably around a month old when got him which we'll say he was born on June 23, 2015. This means he still has a good bit of growing to do, because most times a cat is not fully grown until sometimes as late as 2. Needless to say he is and is gonna be a BIG cat. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Attachments

• SCRUFF 3-17-2016.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 241
  • SCRUFF 3-17-2016-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 234
  • SCRUFF 3-17-2016-2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 261
  • SCRUFF 3-17-2016-3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 257
He is HUGE... #-o

(He ain't starvin' either...) :D

He looks great! :toothy1: