Help needed for 69 Barracuda 9" Manual Drums 7 1/4" rearend

-

Mike69barracuda

Reaction score
My car is on the lift at the shop.

Background: I have 9" manual drum brakes and a 7 1/4" rear end. No power booster on the master cylinder. All original equipment.

I want to buy new lines from Classic Industries. 20% off sale going on now.

What brass fittings do I need. A TEE block in the back? Classic Industries only has for a 8 3/4" rear end. I have a 7 1/4" rear end. Where do I find a TEE fitting for the rear.

Should I buy a new Proportioning valve. Suggestion?

Do the clip sets have all the required mounting the clips... to include the rear end?

I'm listening to all suggestions...........Thank you in advance.

me and bluebird.jpg

Take a good look at that TEE in the back. They are often a part of the rear flex hose, and as such, not sold separately.
If it is not attached to the hose, but indeed a separate part, then it is very likely a specialty part. But since it is brass, it is a non-wearing, non-corroding part, and should not require replacement. The inside will be shiny clean, and the outside can easily be brightened up.The only reason to change it would be if the threads or the tube-seats are damaged.
At the front is a combination valve, also made of brass, so nearly a forever-part.
As far as I remember there are no other connecting parts.

Last edited:
Get the lines (I'm assuming pre-bent) from Classic, and buy the hose/tee at your local NAPA.

Take a good look at that TEE in the back. They are often a part of the rear flex hose, and as such, not sold separately.
If it is not attached to the hose, but indeed a separate part, then it is very likely a specialty part. But since it is brass, it is a non-wearing, non-corroding part, and should not require replacement. The inside will be shiny clean, and the outside can easily be brightened up.The only reason to change it would be if the threads or the tube-seats are damaged.
At the front is a combination valve, also made of brass, so nearly a forever-part.
As far as I remember there are no other connecting parts.
Thank you...................I'm new to FABO....This is a great place.

Nine inch drum/drum should not have a P valve.
It should have just a distribution block with the safety switch in it. Because of it's location it will be spotless inside.The only moving part inside it is a shorting plunger to turn on the dash lite if there was to be a pressure differential across the two systems;front and rear.

Last edited:
Nine inch drum/drum should not have a P valve.
It should have just a distribution block with the safety switch in it. Because of it's location it will be spotless inside.The only moving part inside it is a shorting plunger to turn on the dash lite if you have a pressure differential across the two systems;front and rear.
Are they available for purchase. And from Who? What's it called? Thanks. My guy has the car on the lift and I want to keep him happy with parts flowing in next week.

I purchased every line short of the rear axle tee directly from inline tubes. The fit was great. I replaced the safety switch/distribution block as well. The hold off valve was also replaced but you do not need it due to drum brakes.

I have the T block off a 7-1/4 - 9inch rear. PM your address and I'll send it along.

I just rebraked my 69 fb with russel flex lines and finelines in stainless perfect fit!!!!!!!!!!! my car is a 10 inch drum/drum with a 8 3/4

-
Back