Hemi guys.....

-
Dose the shock mount have to be cut? Anybody got any pics of that not just the inner fender.

yep, your gonna have to cut the shock mount then re-enforce it or box it. install the upper part of the shock so you know exactly how much room you have to cut.

Thanks 68 I was thinking that but have never seen that part only the finished fenders.

This has been a great thread with great pics and ideas on this matter. Now if anyone would post pics of that modified k member and tell me. Is there room on the drivers side to run a log header forward to the front with a stock gear box?

This has been a great thread with great pics and ideas on this matter. Now if anyone would post pics of that modified k member and tell me. Is there room on the drivers side to run a log header forward to the front with a stock gear box?
My k frame was cut open so I can run a Charlies oil pan, would pictures of this be ok? If so, I might have a few, if not will get them for you....keep in mind I will be using a motor plate so the mount stuff was cut off....

My k frame was cut open so I can run a Charlies oil pan, would pictures of this be ok? If so, I might have a few, if not will get them for you....keep in mind I will be using a motor plate so the mount stuff was cut off....

Yea, I will be running a motor plate anyway.

You could probably do it if you run an engine plate that isn't very tall or if you contour it around your turbos. Both my car & Inkjunkie's are set-up for Hemis so the mere size of the engine& the stock inner fender panels prevent that. In modifying our K-memebers I trimmed & reinforced the the steering box mount but I'm thinking with a tube K-member & R&P steering that would eliminate your concerns but now you're getting away from the stock appearence...........

Hope these help.......the bar under it is the dolly Jim, the fab guy, welded onto it so it can be moved.......

Attachments

• 100_0118.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0119.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 133
You could probably do it if you run an engine plate that isn't very tall or if you contour it around your turbos. Both my car & Inkjunkie's are set-up for Hemis so the mere size of the engine& the stock inner fender panels prevent that. In modifying our K-memebers I trimmed & reinforced the the steering box mount but I'm thinking with a tube K-member & R&P steering that would eliminate your concerns but now you're getting away from the stock appearence...........

I plan on removing the inner panels and attach the shock tower to the roll cage down bars. That will clear me a ton of room I hope?

-
Back