Hemi smallblock conversion kit

-
If you look at the price at the bottom of the page the projected selling price is close to $8,000. I think someone would be better off buying a real 5.7 or 6.1 hemi, they're less expensive and you would still have money left over to do other things needed to be done etc.. on car. Neat idea none the less though.

i got excited when i first heard they were coming out with a hemi kit for small block. Id disapointed me when i saw the price tag and the numbers. You could build more horspower for that amount of money without hemi heads... i guess its for the people that wana say "yeah its gota hemi"

wow 8 grand that is getting fairly close to buying a real rb crate hemi i like the idea but dont think ill ever spend that kind of money for it.

I agree, it sounds and looks cool, but why to much for what you are getting...

Have they even built one? I have heard talk about this for a while now and never seen anything come from it. That was back in 2003 just like it says in Mopar Collectors Guide. I think that price tag is crazy I can't see anyone buying this. I think even some of those crazy car guys would think this is silly for the price. For $8000 your getting Cam, Pistons, Heads with valves and rockers, Intake and Valve Covers. For that price they better build the motor complete from carb to pan!

I was thinking the same thing guys, numbers didn't impress me and a stroker would cost less. Definately out of my budget if I even had a budget. I guess it looks cool and could be a conversation piece but that's about it. Blackace I was thinking the same thing you were! I too first saw this in mopar collectors guide quite a while back. I would not want to be waiting that long for any order thats for sure.

The only REAL benefit would be for the guys in Comp Elim. that run real small engines but want a fair amount of flow & better (in their opinion)valvetrain stability. Think of it--- using less than less than 360 cubes & flow numbers & a straighter shot to the valves similiar to an RB engine without the extensive flowbench time used for wedge heads. Sure it's out of most guys price range, but if you're a serious Comp guy you're probably a Pro anyway so price isn't much of a consideration.

-
Back