High mileaged small block mopar

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a thread like this has been done before, but here it goes anyways!

O.K.! What is out there for high mileage on your (or someone you know) small block mopar! We all say how bullet proof these are, now lets post some!
Here are the rules: The long block should have NEVER been taken apart! It's OK to have replaced the water pump, alternator, starter, even a timing chain. But ALL the rod, main, and cam bearing MUST be original, the rings must be original, so basically, the long block never disassembled.

I have right now a 99 Durango with a 318 with 175,*** and climbing daily. I know this is nothing compared to what some of you will have. I've seen a full size maxi van with a 360 magnum with 435,*** on it, oil pan and heads never been off. He is on his 3rd tranny, though.

So lets hear yours.....

My 96 ram has 385678, I changed the water pump somewhere around 350000, the bottom intake gasket needs changed but it will wait till warm weather, that's all I've done outside oil changes and tune ups, it's the best engine I've ever had.

My original 318 went 295000 before a valve broke while idling in traffic coming home from work....

I purchased my current 1979 Magnum from the only owner who stopped recording miles in only 10 years time with over 323,000 miles when he gave it to his daughter for 4 years of collage in upstate New York. It was a 5 hours away. According to him, she was home most every weekend.

After that, his son got the car for the same collage. And lord only knows where that boy went!

After the 8 years of collage between the two children, he used it as a daily commuter car from his home to the city where he worked as a fireman @ 40 miles one way trip for 10 years.

How many miles on the 318? I dont know!?!?!?

But his record keeping was the most insanely detailed I have ever seen!

Wifes 1998 Durango W/a 260 has 235,000, no issues

My V6 2003 Dakota just clicked 200,00 and see's between 500 & 700 miles weekly. A 100 mile round trip to and from work.

KEEP THE FILTERS AND FLUIDS FRESH MY FRIENDS!!!!

My 96 ram has 385678, I changed the water pump somewhere around 350000, the bottom intake gasket needs changed but it will wait till warm weather, that's all I've done outside oil changes and tune ups, it's the best engine I've ever had.

No pose. How many trannys, rearends, heater cores and rusty back bumpers have you replaced on this truck? Lol. That's a ton of miles!

We drive all our cars, all makes and models to about 320 to 330,000 before we give them to the kids. Downhill fast after that.

300,000 on a new factory 273 short block in a 1967 Barracuda. The original was removed after 100,000 miles. Still starts and runs like a top. 340 on the stand waiting to be put together. Hopefully this spring.

When my father worked at the local Dodge dealer in the early 2000s they had an 80s Ram Panel van for parts deliveries the oldest van it the fleet at that time. It had around 730k on the original 318 when the heads were replaced and by the time the dealer closed it was nearing 1,000,000 miles. The same driver drove it from new until the place was closed, he loved that van, always made sure it was serviced on time, drove it easy, and kept it clean as can be. Its probably still going today.

94 dodge ram 2500 5.9 got 312,000 miles...heading to Phoenix in morning with it towing trailer...

that truck back in October..went to bakersfield with race car...and there are some big hills between vegas and bakersfield...and it went to Fallon Nv...Sacramento...towing car...

when my father worked at the local dodge dealer in the early 2000s they had an 80s ram panel van for parts deliveries the oldest van it the fleet at that time. It had around 730k on the original 318 when the heads were replaced and by the time the dealer closed it was nearing 1,000,000 miles. The same driver drove it from new until the place was closed, he loved that van, always made sure it was serviced on time, drove it easy, and kept it clean as can be. Its probably still going today.

wow!!!

No pose. How many trannys, rearends, heater cores and rusty back bumpers have you replaced on this truck? Lol. That's a ton of miles!

original everything, but I do have a small hole starting on my back bumper, I change the fluids, and flush the cooling by the book, and I used to polish the bumpers all the time but eased up on that.

picked up a 96 318 dakota w 250k for dirt cheap. Sounded like a ringer washer under the hood. I had to change the commonly stretched timing chain and weak lifters, now quiet once again and running good w 260k I am pretty confident it will make it over 300k

94 dodge ram 2500 5.9 got 312,000 miles...heading to Phoenix in morning with it towing trailer...

that truck back in October..went to bakersfield with race car...and there are some big hills between vegas and bakersfield...and it went to Fallon Nv...Sacramento...towing car...

Old Dodge rumbled another 600 miles today...pulling empty trailer to Phoenix...got 19 mpg...on way back with 4000 lbs on trailer...got 14 mpg...

I have ran slant 6's 200,000 miles+ I have never had a v8 long enough to put a lot of miles on ,I usually sell them off after a few years...LOL

had a 90 dakota the had 280k before bottom bearings replacement. 99 1500 had 280 k when i sold it and a few months back the owner bought the house next to my brother and its well over 400k now also have 2 2005 hemi pickups both over 250k miles

im more interested in the longetivity of a high performance built smallblock. ie: whose gone a 100 thousand miles on a 408 stroker? :D

I certainly havent.

-
Back