Hobbies other than cars?

-
4th one is scratch built flat bottom that is my 5 year old Grandsons
017.jpg

Hrm...Where to start? I play bass...Build/shoot/collect guns and teach people to shoot...Photography...Computer stuff...I maintain some software for a large open-source project...

My thing in life has always been helping others. I found that more rewarding than about anything. Since I got hurt I physicaly can't do much in that line so now I share information to help others. I am active in city government and other groups that will better the quality of life for the less affluent people in the area. One thing we are doing now is planning free or low cost activites for people to enjoy.

I do enjoy fishing and have friends that own one of the most beautiful private lakes in the area. It has about 3 acres of surface area and is 30 feet deep. This lake is nestled in a 60 acre tract in the country club area but these people aren't the country club set. They bought this property before the $500,000+ houses popped up in the area. They still live in their old home that is tiny and is over a 100 years old. They heat with wood and are just country folks. Both of them have degrees and he is a top dog at Oklahoma State University and she is a retired RN. We all are in the same community groups.

I love quality tools not import trash. New, old and antique. More the better but tool set out of the 1920's that was used by a Model T mechanic at a Ford garage. I also collect Structo vintage toys but they have to be really slick so I don't have too many.

Face it I am a hoarder because if I collect the first one then I have to have more.

I do many things, banjo, horseback riding, barn work, fishing, hunting, sailing/boating, firearms, archery. Umm cant think of other stuff

I annoy my wife and play drums in a local band. I make the boom boom

Photography, my three grandsons, HO stream trains (been boxed up for awhile, but as the boys get older will get them out again). Guns & shooting, though thinned the herd recently, play guitar - Gibson Nighthawk, Epi Sheraton II and an Alvarez-Yiari WY-1, 2 Crate amps, also dabble at harmonica. Books and reading and have a sports card/memorabilia collection that got way out of hand when I was still collecting. Too many interests, and so am a jack of all trades, master of none hobbyist :)

I keep bees,Collect swarms,cut down and bring home bee trees, and remove bees from peoples houses.I have about 35 hives (right now)
bee12.jpg
[/IMG]
Heres one I took down and brought home.
P1010101.jpg
[/IMG]
I have also been known to build a gun or two and I have collected guns for many years.
P4030191.jpg
[/IMG]

Well the little guy is the best time of all. It is funny he can drive Grandmas truck and I have to beg to. I do like working with wood as well, when I find time.
Jim

Attachments

• SAM_00951.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_1042.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 236
My father passed on his only hobby to me. Besides woodworking, remodeling of any kind and photography, I have engaged quite earnestly in the reading of "Jean Labels" of the female variety. When labels are concealed by a belt or untucked top, I focus instead on the fancy stitching or just the movement of the pockets! We lost Dad twice at public outings only to find him going the opposite direction with his hands folded behind his back focused on a young ladies rear facing asset. When we told him he was going the wrong direction, he countered "No I'm not, she's going this way!" He told me the older you get the broader the spectrum of women grows that look good and by 90, THEY ALL LOOK GOOD! He made it 2 months past his 90th and never gave up the hobby. Approaching 60 myself and with all the "Advertising" that is plastered across the rears these days, it's hard not to take up the hobby, and Dads right, the age range is creeping up!!!

WWII and Vietnam reenacting, volunteer firefighting,

Attachments

• image-3716387298.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 197
  • image-777573343.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 219
  • image-3872252346.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 218
  • image-1982313934.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 212
I got to many. LOL

Guns, sand dunning, model planes, fishing, guitar, horse back riding, RC cars, and most recently added another. Artifact hunting. Here is a few I have found.

Attachments

• 100_6508.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_6498.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_6519.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_6487.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_6490.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 220
Amazing how that works, isn't it? It's hard work, yet calming and therapeutic at the same time. Besides the tomatoes I especially enjoy the roses. Combating the aphids, the black spot, keeping 'em fertilized, keeping 'em pruned, and then watching them give the perfect bloom again and again.

Ramenth.....how do you keep the deer out of your veggies? I would think you have thousands of them around Elmira?

2 years now.

Attachments

• 547125_10150972730596880_87775131_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 194
I race my legend on the weekends as a hobby, in the winter i run rc car oval carpet track
legend2.jpg

legend3.jpg

Forgot to all that I also hunt and fish.

Attachments

• image-79004592.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image-887400737.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 196
Another one of My Hobbies is Building furniture. I do it by request usually from My Lovely Bride. I just finished this Linen Cupboard. It's for Quilts and Crafts but can double as a bookshelf.
DSC00411.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

-
Back