Holley Street Dominator

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
Any one ever seen a Holley street dominator with a 1/4 pipe hole in the bottom of the plenum? It's a first for me. Never seen anything like, nor can I cipher a way to understand why you'd even do it.

I'm just going to plug it, but someone screwed a 7/16 fine thread bolt it it

Can't imagine why it would be there. Breaks right into the lifter valley.

Unreal.

My pops has one with the hole. Been years since I have seen it. No idea what it's for but he just plugged it.

There's a thread over on Moparts where a guy says you could thread a turtle in.. makes sense.

My pops has one with the hole. Been years since I have seen it. No idea what it's for but he just plugged it.

There's a thread over on Moparts where a guy says you could thread a turtle in.. makes sense.

I didn't think they even had turtles when this thing was cast. Probably in the mid 80's.

Hmmmmm....so you think this is factory. I'll plug it with the correct plug and forget about it.

Just blows my mind it's there.

Honestly I have no clue. I just remember the hole. After seeing this thread I Googled it and found the Moparts thread. seemed like a somewhat logical explanation to a guy like me that has zero experience with them. I'll keep digging for info. I'm curious now.

I have 2 for big blocks and they both have that hole, I always wondered why....

Does it connect with the EGR passage?

Look at the rear of the intake. There could be a EGR pad there.

I have one on the Ford 400 I am fixin to put in my F250. It is the vacuum port for the EGR.

It's the nitrous port for the nitrous ! ! :thumbsup:

(Be still my heart! Did someone start a thread ? )

Look at the rear of the intake. There could be a EGR pad there.

I'll check in the morning. Took the carb off and looked down and there is a 7/16
bolt in the plenum. I'm thinking ****, how'd that get in there. Then I realized it is finger tight.

Frigging EGR crapola. I didn't know they even put those on a street dominator.

Damn it.

I'll check in the morning. Took the carb off and looked down and there is a 7/16
bolt in the plenum. I'm thinking ****, how'd that get in there. Then I realized it is finger tight.

Frigging EGR crapola. I didn't know they even put those on a street dominator.

Damn it.

It's still a damn good intake. All I did to mine was put two freeze plugs in the EGR ports on the rear of the intake. I left the hole in the plenum bottom open. I think trying to thread it or cap it off would be more trouble and do more damage than it's worth.

And if the plug ever came out....!

I am talking about putting freeze plugs on the outside of the intake, where the EGR valve goes, just like I described. There's no place for them to go. See where the EGR valve goes in the back? See the freeze plugs? They cannot go anywhere.
FORD 400 INTAKE.jpg

If it is for a cruiser, the EGR won't hurt a thing. Leave it, forget about it.

And I am talking about that lil hole staring back at me from deep in the plenum,heeeheee. Whatever gets put in there, better stay in there! So I, like you,would leave it open;for with the other end capped,it matters not a bit,hardly.We are on the same page, I believe.

lol, I forgot how ugly Ferd parts are.
I bet it stinks too.lol

It's the nitrous port for the nitrous ! ! :thumbsup:

(Be still my heart! Did someone start a thread ? )
first thing to hit my mind: how could this be used for hidden nitrous ? but would be blowing against the flow----

It DOES have and EGR pad. Blows my mind that this intake ever came with one.

Unreal.

I just screwed a plug in it. It won't come out.

LMAO, marketed as a performance intake for the street. The EGR port and valve pad are nothing in hindern performance at the targeted level and arena. That EGR stuff cast into it just makes it totally leagal everywhere. EZ'er to sell to everyone.

If the EGR pad is tapped and ready for use, tap and plug it there.

LMAO, marketed as a performance intake for the street. The EGR port and valve pad are nothing in hindern performance at the targeted level and arena. That EGR stuff cast into it just makes it totally leagal everywhere. EZ'er to sell to everyone.

If the EGR pad is tapped and ready for use, tap and plug it there.

I know it, I just hate all that emissions crap. It's in a 73 duster so I just plugged the damn hole. The pig duster runs good. I drove it back from Santa Clara with it loaded down like the Clampetts. That thing don't miss a beat.

BTW, I think the carb and intake came from here. Or MoParts. I don't recall.

go to you in box click the box next to the convo you want to leave then chick leave convo

-
Back