How many have membership in AARP

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Was wondering how many have a membership in the AARP and is it a good value to you. What do you use it for. I continue to get information from them but have not joined yet. I am currently 57 so ive put this off for over 5 years. Should i belong or not?
Thanks Rod

Was wondering how many have a membership in the AARP and is it a good value to you. What do you use it for. I continue to get information from them but have not joined yet. I am currently 57 so ive put this off for over 5 years. Should i belong or not?
Thanks Rod

I have not joined because the AARP supports a liberal agenda. There is another organization that has similar benefits and supports a conservative agenda. It is AMAC:

You are being redirected...

AARP was involved in getting ObamaCare passed. I've been getting mail for five or six years now, and will never join.

I was for a time then cancelled or did not renew for the reasons listed above.

I joined for a short time, but left when their political agenda became clear. I now stuff their numerous solicitation envelopes full of junk mail and send them back so they can pay the return postage. I've been doing that for about twenty years.

Can you guess by my avatar? Seriously, Im not old enough yet, but AMAC sounds like a better choice for me.

Thanks for the replies. I was not aware of their agenda until this great site brought it up in the replies. I feel the same and i wont support a liberal agenda! Thanks so much for letting me know this.
Rod

We were members for several years, but after having some dealings with them for my Dad's supplemental health insurance I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I have it for my car insurance (Hartford, all three cars), hotel, travel and car rental discounts since I travel a lot.
I like saving money and could give a **** about their agenda.

I needed good, affordable No Fault insurance. Unfortunately AARP steered me to The Hartford. They were $100's lower than anyone else. I'm not happy with their agenda either, but I felt to be between a rock and a hard place. My previous insurance don't do business in MI since it's a No Fault state. sucks.

I have it for my car insurance (Hartford, all three cars), hotel, travel and car rental discounts since I travel a lot.
I like saving money and could give a **** about their agenda.

I have my suplimental through them....I'm very happy with the service I get and like Pauly I don't give a rats *** about their politics as long as I save money.

I won't have anything to do with them, their liberal agenda. A lot of the money they take in also goes to pushing the gun control agenda.

I would just as soon spend more money than support that kinda stuff!

Just another hack organization that targets seniors for their money

The wife and I have been members for 20 some years. Started out as a way to save money on travel, etc. Have learned a lot about senior living lifestyles, financial tips, travel destinations etc. over the years. However since their agenda has gone way to the left in the last decade I'm pretty disappointed, but we are paid up members for several more years.

Another big minus is most of the big advertisers (health/home/car insurance, cell phones, home safety monitoring, home care products etc.) are sponsors of AARP so that amounts to a kick back to the association. I've not found one of these areas that I couldn't get a better deal on, on my own!

I've read a little about AMAC and think that deserves a better look for someone entering into this age bracket. The water is over the dam for us. Will let our subscription die when it comes due.

I needed good, affordable No Fault insurance. Unfortunately AARP steered me to The Hartford. They were $100's lower than anyone else. I'm not happy with their agenda either, but I felt to be between a rock and a hard place. My previous insurance don't do business in MI since it's a No Fault state. sucks.

I'm not going to mince words, here. IF YOU GIVE MONEY to the people you are against, there is no way to justify it other than "you are helping" their agenda.

I want NOTHING to do with AARP. On top of "whatever else" they are FOR GUN CONTROL

I'm not going to mince words, here. IF YOU GIVE MONEY to the people you are against, there is no way to justify it other than "you are helping" their agenda.

I want NOTHING to do with AARP. On top of "whatever else" they are FOR GUN CONTROL

Yup. Pretty simple, really.

Everyone wants gun control.
I have not joined AARP, mainly because I refuse to admit that I'm that old.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of theirs either for the longest time. But when money talks, I had to compromise my principles. Money was tight at that time, very tight. Just started working, I had no savings left, zero cash. When I had few options, I did what I thought was best for me at the time. It sucks eating crow at times, but oh well.

-
Back