how much time and money

-

tet68

Reaction score
69 gts 340 4 speed title vin fender tag in agreement car rust free excwpt needs left quarter skin got 69 340 motor and 4 speed I have good fenders doors gt hood have sublime paint so I can do it very cheap be less than 3500 total in car the gts registry has only located 47 other 340 4 speeds but realize they others not in registry but suspect still a rare car my thoughts be a complete rust free car in the future somebody else can do a proper resto I have fun till then of course the parts I have have value to it will be somewhat shoody but quick
DSCN0529.JPG
DSCN0530.JPG
DSCN0531.JPG
DSCN0536.JPG
DSCN0537.JPG
DSCN0538.JPG
DSCN0539.JPG

69 gts 340 4 speed title vin fender tag in agreement car rust free excwpt needs left quarter skin got 69 340 motor and 4 speed I have good fenders doors gt hood have sublime paint so I can do it very cheap be less than 3500 total in car the gts registry has only located 47 other 340 4 speeds but realize they others not in registry but suspect still a rare car my thoughts be a complete rust free car in the future somebody else can do a proper resto I have fun till then of course the parts I have have value to it will be somewhat shoody but quickView attachment 1715112505 View attachment 1715112506 View attachment 1715112507 View attachment 1715112508 View attachment 1715112509 View attachment 1715112510 View attachment 1715112511
3500?!?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just new brake components and suspension components are gonna set you back close to 3000

Is there a question in there somewhere?
Do you have the dash, interior, seats, etc etc etc?
Double your budget and you might possibly have something that runs, but still a hell of a long way from restored.

Rust free except for drivers quarter? So surface rust doesn't count, only areas that are completely rusted through?

You might be able to get it moving for 3500, roadkill junkyard style

Cool car and I would try to save it. But it looks like it was someone's parts car. And you will be better off finding a parts car to put it back together! Ive got over $3500 in my slant to 360 swap and it's a stock 360 and basic 727. Nothing fancy at all.

Less than a thousand bucks total in this one.
Started with a bare unibody and assembled in the backyard using nothing but reject parts that were not nice enough to sell.
A little determination and creativity can go a long way.
2017-11-19 12.28.46.jpg

2017-11-19 12.23.19.jpg

If it is what you say it is and you REALLY like the car and don't mind being upside down (meaning putting more money into than the car will be worth when completed) with it, go for it. Also, since it is no longer numbers matching (which will reflect in any attempt to get top dollar if you ever tried to sell it), painting it sublime (or any other color besides what it originally came with) will also most likely decrease the value. As for your expected budget of $3500 and depending on the realistic quality of the final outcome (even with you doing a big chunk of the work), I would multiple that number from 5 to 10. Good luck with your project. I have a feeling you might need some.

Is there a question in there somewhere?
Do you have the dash, interior, seats, etc etc etc?
Double your budget and you might possibly have something that runs, but still a hell of a long way from restored.

Rust free except for drivers quarter? So surface rust doesn't count, only areas that are completely rusted through?

Cool car and I would try to save it. But it looks like it was someone's parts car. And you will be better off finding a parts car to put it back together! Ive got over $3500 in my slant to 360 swap and it's a stock 360 and basic 727. Nothing fancy at all.
I have parts cars and tons of parts in this basement uner the blue dart is a rebuilt disc brake suspension under the green a complete 8 3/4 3.91 sure grip rebuilt new brakes also a 2 1/2 in mandrel bent exhaust system with flowmasters have every component to build this car except a stock 340 aircleaner
DSCN0550.JPG

I have parts cars and tons of parts in this basement uner the blue dart is a rebuilt disc brake suspension under the green a complete 8 3/4 3.91 sure grip rebuilt new brakes also a 2 1/2 in mandrel bent exhaust system with flowmasters have every component to build this car except a stock 340 aircleanerView attachment 1715112553

In that case, buy your wife some expensive jewellery (always my best move) and get started!

little rust neutralizer and glazing putty on the pitting detailed the bottom painted it black installed the 3.91 rear with new brakes switched the front backing plates with new brakes have spent about 30 bucks on putty and neutralizer and sand paper weather permitting will jamb it outside tuesday
DSCN0558.JPG
DSCN0559.JPG
DSCN0560.JPG

little rust neutralizer and glazing putty on the pitting detailed the bottom painted it black installed the 3.91 rear with new brakes switched the front backing plates with new brakes have spent about 30 bucks on putty and neutralizer and sand paper weather permitting will jamb it outside tuesdayView attachment 1715112557 View attachment 1715112558 View attachment 1715112559
also replaced the busted left front hood hinge also hung a 2 1/2 in mandral bent exhaust system with flowmasters so I wouldn't have to take it apart and hang it later

And most people laughed at my recent thread about conveying coherent thoughts...

At least the last sentence was short so I could read it and not be out of breath.

-
Back