how much time and money

-
At least the last sentence was short so I could read it and not be out of breath.
so what do you knot understand about getting rust out of a field dart and putting the right parts back on it 67 hemi dart

3500?!?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just new brake components and suspension components are gonna set you back close to 3000
3 grand for a stock suspension rebuild kit and brake components maybe you but not me must be your parts seller laughing at you
3500?!?! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just new brake components and suspension components are gonna set you back close to 3000

Yes it is.

Screenshot_2017-11-19-19-18-57.png

I would hate to tell you what I have put into my car after it looked as good as my avitar. Most would not have been seen on a quick inspection ( at least by me). I probably did more than I would have had to ( no fancy stuff) but now I know what it is.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope it works well for you. Please keep us up to date, pics included.
Yote

I would hate to tell you what I have put into my car after it looked as good as my avitar. Most would not have been seen on a quick inspection ( at least by me). I probably did more than I would have had to ( no fancy stuff) but now I know what it is.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope it works well for you. Please keep us up to date, pics included.
Yote
thanks if I get the rust out and bolt on the right parts it will give the car a future

Sounds more like you have the parts - but if you're using them, you'll have more than $3500 into it. Because of the value of the parts. So perhaps the way to word it should have been $3500 over the parts I have for it. I'm glad you're resurrecting it. But I would hesitate to call it restoring it.

Well, good car to wrench on. Save every GTS you can. I do think your budget is a little over optimistic.

I can only dream of finding a real 69 GTS. Damn you suck. Is the Drivetrain you got original to the car?

Jesus, tet68, learn to use punctuation and sentence structure! It hurt my brain to read your post. Writing an illiterate post like that is extremely inconsiderate.

Jesus, tet68, learn to use punctuation and sentence structure! It hurt my brain to read your post. Writing an illiterate post like that is extremely inconsiderate. probably a very small pain

Sounds more like you have the parts - but if you're using them, you'll have more than $3500 into it. Because of the value of the parts. So perhaps the way to word it should have been $3500 over the parts I have for it. I'm glad you're resurrecting it. But I would hesitate to call it restoring it.
your math don't add up as I will still own the parts am not restoring it but replacing rusted components and trying to prevent future rust issues.

now if I was into cloneing stuff how hard would it be to find a 69 gts tail panel they don't re produce them trunk lid went to the scrap pile got a rust free one
DSCN0530.JPG

Well, math was never my strongest subject. That being said, while hope and self esteem seem to be pretty healthy, math ain't one of your strongest either...lol. Good luck to you and the car.

so time being of the essence want it done by Christmas this 69 340 swinger will be a major parts donor weather permitting hope to jamb it out tomorrow the 340 swinger is the car in my avatar found it about 6 months ago
DSCN0416.JPG

Less than a thousand bucks total in this one.
Started with a bare unibody and assembled in the backyard using nothing but reject parts that were not nice enough to sell.
A little determination and creativity can go a long way.
View attachment 1715112548

View attachment 1715112547

Personally I enjoy bringing these old cars back from the dead. Cutting out rusted panels, welding in patch panels, sanding down old paint and surface rust, neutralizing surface rust, spraying etching primer, and the result a solid car to go from there. Another one saved!!!
More power to those that use their own labor and ingenuity to get it done.

Hate to say it but your English is going to turn a lot of people away from this build. Good luck with the build.

Hate to say it but your English is going to turn a lot of people away from this build. Good luck with the build.

One of the main things I enjoy about our old car hobby is the passion. I tend to overlook what some people on here consider "shortcomings".

I have learned to go back and read what I typed as my old stiff fingers do not hit the key as I thought sometimes.

At any rate, I can read and understand it all completely.

-
Back