How to achieve this stance please?

-

Peter Z

Reaction score
So I dont even own it yet and I'm already planning changes :D
The car has factory 15" steels, so I'm planning probably 225/60/15 as a step one, unless you tell me I can go bigger at the back?
I´m guessing the factory wheels are 15/7"?
There seems to be a fair amount of space between the wheel and fender at the moment.
Step two are new leaf springs with at least 2" lift as the back seems really low.
Superstock do seem a bit of a overkill for 318 with standart 7 1/4 rear, so is there tested middle ground for the springs lift?
Then lifting the front about an inch to give it some rake.
The red Scamp on the pictures is what I´m looking for in terms of stance.
Many thanks!!

IMG_3794.PNG

IMG_3796.PNG

IMG_3736 (1).JPG

IMG_3561.PNG

IMG_3751.JPG

Factory wheels were 14 x 4.5 with a 4'' bolt circle unless it was a 340 or 383 then it would've been 14x5.5 with a 4'' bolt circle.

Factory wheels were 14 x 4.5 with a 4'' bolt circle unless it was a 340 or 383 then it would've been 14x5.5 with a 4'' bolt circle.
Oh, ok so obviously not a factory wheel then, thats a new one.
How about the rest of the plan? I do need to find out what the backspace is on these..

What are the tire sizes on the car now?
Correct, super stock leaf springs are not needed for the driving you’ll be doing plus your teeth will probably fall out (even if they are all currently real). Suggest getting XHD spring from ESPO or JRSpring. Shipping from North America will be steep but those are the springs you’ll want.

I had 245/60R14 on a 1970 Dart with no clearance issues.
I also had a pair of 235/60R15 drag radials on a set of custom made steelies, no clearance issues either.

The car has factory 15" steels, so I'm planning probably 225/60/15 as a step one, unless you tell me I can go bigger at the back?
There seems to be a fair amount of space between the wheel and fender at the moment.
Step two are new leaf springs with at least 2" lift as the back seems really low.
Superstock do seem a bit of a overkill for 318 with standart 7 1/4 rear, so is there tested middle ground for the springs lift?
Many thanks!!

View attachment 1716237072

View attachment 1716237073

View attachment 1716237074

View attachment 1716237075

View attachment 1716237076

Just my opinion but I think that car looks awesome just the way it is!

I wouldn't change a thing!!

What are the tire sizes on the car now?
Correct, super stock leaf springs are not needed for the driving you’ll be doing plus your teeth will probably fall out (even if they are all currently real). Suggest getting XHD spring from ESPO or JRSpring. Shipping from North America will be steep but those are the springs you’ll want.
I believe they are 190 x 60 x 15

That car just needs new stock rear springs.
Leave the front as is and it will look, ride and handle as it should.

Many thanks!!

Yep, you need some rear springs, air shocks or add an extra leaf. The previous owner of my Swinger added a extra short leaf to the rear springs. It looks like it came off a truck. It did raise the rear but it does ride a little firm. I would recommend new springs and if you want some lift, they can be made with 1 or 2" extra lift. I run 15x7 wheels on the rear with 255/60-15's and 14x6's on the front to get the look I want.

002.JPG

Yep, you need some rear springs, air shocks or add an extra leaf. The previous owner of my Swinger added a extra short leaf to the rear springs. It looks like it came off a truck. It did raise the rear but it does ride a little firm. I would recommend new springs and if you want some lift, they can be made with 1 or 2" extra lift. I run 15x7 wheels on the rear with 255/60-15's and 14x6's on the front to get the look I want.

View attachment 1716237308

That's perfect!

Beautiful car!!

Yur getting way ahead of yourself.
Just put air shocks on it.
my duster had 50k original miles when I bought it, and it had overload/air shocks on it. both body side shock mounts were ripped out of the floorpan. the shock mounts weren't designed to carry body load on it constantly, only transient dampening loads.

View attachment 1716237308
Looks great! Any side pn shot please? What size front tyre? Thanks

69 Barracuda, Firm Feel suspension front with .88 torsion bars, Eaton Detroit HD rear leaf springs. KYB Gas Adjust shocks and 15x7 Rallye wheels with 235-60/15 tires all around.

83CD2BE0-C5C2-4D1A-B0B0-2F9FE1EDDFC9.jpeg

45D57387-E7A6-44EA-87D6-DE39C66F40F0.jpeg

Many thanks!!

Some young fellas in a small town in Saskatchewan, Canada were into street racing Mopars. One had a Duster 340 with 4 spd trans. He got ahold of a narrowed rear axle for it. The car sat level like off the showroom floor. Another young fella in a small city an hour away had a Charger 440 with a GMC 6-71 blower on it and the rear lifted to clear wide tires. Much more rake than the red car. They arranged to race as this Charger was supposed to be fierce fast. Loaded the Duster on the equipement trailer in case something broke and drove to the city. Someone flagged them off and they both hammered the throttle. That 440 could not hook up and transfer weight to the rear tires for traction. That 340 just squatted the rear and took off. The Charger was only half way down the 1/4 mile while the Duster was slowing down. It would only do about 120 MPH but gosh it got there fast.
These guys built their engines in the barn, of all places. They blew a bunch up from missed shifts at 7500 RPM with stock conrods.

-
Back