how to buy with confidence...? PayPal?

-
you have to take into consideration that getting some people to leave you a feedback score is like pulling teeth even when a transaction goes smooth as silk and they are more than happy with item. about 50% of the people i have done business with has left me feeback, with a 100% satisfaction rate. some dont know how, or are just too lazy to do it (even after i explained to them how). feedback is a great thing, but i dont base my business dealings on it.

I use Paypal for anything bought on the web. They will protect you. Don't ever send money as a gift unless you know the person and trust them.

This is not always correct. I bought a mirror from a fellow here and he never sent it. Several attempts to contact him later with no reply I gave up and filed a dispute with PayPal. They told me his account was closed and I would get nothing. Trust PayPal if you like but it's a bunch of BS that you are always protected.

To the original poster, FABO has no vested interest in parts sold here (they make nothing off any sale) therefore FABO offers no protection. It's just a message board.

Its still a crap shoot, but your odds are far better as we all "know" each other in various posts and past banter. Low post count, like 5 would not be considered, but look at some of us who have thousands and decades of visibility. And then there is the popular "airing of grievences" posts that NO member wants to be a part of. That gets ugly and keeps most of us in line. I have had 1 scrape in 10+ years and even that one wasn't bad and was rectified completely in short order...

I've had really good luck buying off FABO not much luck selling yet but I haven't had any arguments either.. Also a great site for learning tips on any problem mechanical or electrical. Also welcome to FABO.

Well, thanks for all the insight. You have all pretty much summed up what I was already thinking. I appreciate all the comments! You guys (and gals) are awesome.

Mark

I wouldn't want to be a person on this site involved in a scam. This forum has a long reach. Help is always offered by members if asked.

Run those people off the site we are doing what we love and if a couple dollars are worth that much that you mess over another mopar gear head then shame on you and what goes around comes right back her name is karma and she is a real B$&ch!

Each memeber here does have a feedback rating now.I know it is hard to trust people now a days.Alot of good people here on FABO you just have to learn who you can trust.
lol Feedback on here. I have sold and bought over 5 times as much feedback that was left me. People here are too lazy to use it.

-
Back