I miss my Duster

-

Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO
Reaction score
A few years ago, I built a 71 Plymouth Duster. It had a 360, mild Crane cam, 88 Fast burn heads, Holley Projection, Weiand X-Terminator Intake, Headers and 2-1/4 inch duals. The tranny was a 904 and the rear end was an 8-3/4 with 3.23 gears.

It wasnt the fastest or the coolest car but I loved her. I sold the car and still regret it to this day. I will build me another one someday.

I miss my Med. Blue '73 with a suregrip, 318, 3spd manual on the floor between the buckets with the factory moon roof and fold down rear seat.
Wish I could get another one.

Welcome aboard. Search the for sale section for one.

Welcome, I used to have a Challenger a while back. Who would've thought that they would worth what they are today.

I graduated high school in 1978. Everyone and their mothers wanted Tran Am's. But I always love Dusters. Cleanest lines I ever saw. Back in 94 I had the chance to buy one and I jumped on it.

I spent the next 6 years building it. It was a street car, mild cam 216/228 @.050 0.427/0.454 (Crane) Idled smooth. Mild compression 9.8:1. It was the perfect street car. Holley Projection made it nearly perfect. It had AC PS and Power brakes.

Loved that car. It ran a 14.05 at 99.2 mph. I tryed 10 passes that day but I could not get over 100 mph. But I tryed. Drove it home and got nearly 22 mpg.

I will get me another one. But it will be a while. I started back to school in 96 and I expect to graduate in 08. (I know old people don't belong in school) And my graduation gift to myself WILL be another Duster

When I graduated highschool in 1987 I went shopping for my first car. My Dad came with me to have a look at the 71 challenger I was ready to fork the $ over for when I ran straight into his objection. "You don't want this lousy car! It's got one of those *&#$% hemis!". And I have been kicking myself REALLY hard ever since.

the one that got away. -LY

I am in the military and came up on hard times. Had to let go of my baby a 73 space duster sold on the site. My chest hurts when I work out to the driveway and its gone.

smalblokmopar, I noticed your location. I graduated from Killeen High School in 1978.

I lived in Nolanville most of my life.

Space Duster, is that the one with the fold down rear seat??

Welcome, what "go's" around comes back around...

pic4.JPG

scan0003.jpg

-
Back