I'm Frustrated!!!!!!!!!

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
I bought a '73 Dart for some parts to use on my '69 Barracuda. Well, I found out NOTHING fits!!! The trans mount is different, the trans tunnel is shaped differently, even the crossmember is slightly different. I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to walk away from this car and go buy me a Camaro. :violent1:
I was hoping to have this car running this summer so I could do a little racing. Buying the parts car left me broke. Was I given bad advice that the floorpan and related parts interchange?

I bought a '73 Dart for some parts to use on my '69 Barracuda. Well, I found out NOTHING fits!!!
There was a lot of changeover in 73...BUT:

I believe the hood will interchange with a 69.
The K-frame will fit, but it uses spool type motor mounts.
Does the 73 have BBP Disk Brakes? They will fit!

Buying the parts car left me broke.
Yes, I know the feeling...Post it in the parts car section and raise the money to buy the correct parts!

burg

Actually I did ask here and someone told me that the '73 would work. So, IF I can find the correct parts car, what will work on my '69?

Actually I did ask here and someone told me that the '73 would work. So, IF I can find the correct parts car, what will work on my '69?

Drg racr sounds like you want to go to a stick from an auto.
It might help if you indicate what configuration your Barracuda is starting from and what components you are planning to go with. Some of what you need may be available onsite. Wouldn't hurt to post for items wanted and see what turns up. Trades could be in your future from your current parts car.

Engine, trans, K-member, torsion bars, clutch, shifter/linkage, axle, brakes, seats, counsel.

And you got to know, we all like pictures.

Good luck with your project and hang in there. We all get frustrated and that includes the bow-tie guys too!

It may well be that the parts in the dart are updated from what you had.

Eg. K frame is different, but better.

All the front K member and suspension, the trans cross member and matching mount, and the rear end will swap over and bolt right up. The trans tunnel and floor pan will be shaped a little different in a few areas, but it will be welded and fit on the front and sides the same. The center of the trunk should also interchange, thought it may be shaped a little different. The only body part that should interchange would be the hood.

I bought a '73 Dart for some parts to use on my '69 Barracuda. Well, I found out NOTHING fits!!! The trans mount is different, the trans tunnel is shaped differently, even the crossmember is slightly different. I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to walk away from this car and go buy me a Camaro. :violent1:
I was hoping to have this car running this summer so I could do a little racing. Buying the parts car left me broke. Was I given bad advice that the floorpan and related parts interchange?

Sadly, you were given false advice, or interpreted the information wrongly. Either way, this is what i'd do, sell the parts car/part it out, get your money back. Wont take terribly wrong, especially with tax refunds starting to come in.

Now, if you want to give away the 68 and 73.......I'll take them off your hands. And considering you're not that far from me, I might be interested in some parts off that 73 as well.....

yup, this goes to show that if someone says "they are the same" they don't know these cars very good. I laugh at ads on ebay and around which advertise a lot of year specific parts as "67-76 Any A-body" Oh really.

Whats wrong with the 73? I am thinking second car. Nothing wrong with the so called "beak" cars. I have seen some really cool ones.

problem with a 69 barracuda is that its a very specific car so short of finding another 69 barracuda for parts, its going to slim pickings. There are so many small differences that can be show stoppers even from a 68 to a 69 barracuda.

Floor pans should be 67-72 iirc

I don't think very many parts would interchange from a 73 to 69 Camaro either.

The big difference is the 73 and newer trans and engine mounts are spool type mounts. Also a 73 and newer car "probably" has the more common 4.5" wheel bolt pattern. The earlier cars used the sandwich type which are prone to coming apart with age and more power. Especially if you source new rubber mounts because new Asian-sourced parts may be less robust. As long as you keep the same style mounts with the age appropriate K member and trans crossmember you should be OK. If you could supply more info (pictures) you'll get help. I have a 75 V-8 K in my 68 Barracuda.

Yep, live and learn. I have been selling parts off the '73. I think I've made most of my money back. Maybe I'll shoot for next year getting the car race ready. I guess I'll see if I can find a 68-69 A-body parts car.

Yep, live and learn. I have been selling parts off the '73. I think I've made most of my money back. Maybe I'll shoot for next year getting the car race ready. I guess I'll see if I can find a 68-69 A-body parts car.

Theres the swap meet in Indy, first weekend in march

You might post what you are looking for here and maybe someone has what you need and will be at the swap meet. They might not be there to sell in swap space but you could arrange to make the deal in the parking lot

You should be able to use any 67-72 a body for parts for your barracuda.

The hood off the beak darts fits the 69 Barracuda was popular to get the hood with the scoop and put on a 69

Good luck with getting it on the road

Might check the Indy Mopar Club web site and see if anything is in the classified section. There will be a club display at the Indy Cylinder Head Swap meet

Resell the Dart there brother!
Recoupe, restart, lesson learned.

-
Back