Indy 360-1 Cylinder heads on small block LA's

-
I run T&D 1.7’s on my Indy heads. PRH ordered them for me.

The Indy 360-1 top end package comes with T+D rockers
5 grand for the whole 9 yards seems like a fair price to me, but that's me

I’ll have to check out their site sometime. I must have a bad link because mine has never been updated. Is that posted or stock, Indy intake, and T&D rockers for 5000.00.

I’ll have to check out their site sometime. I must have a bad link because mine has never been updated. Is that posted or stock, Indy intake, and T&D rockers for 5000.00.
Screenshot_20230719-222207.jpg

210cc head with intake, gaskets, pushrods, head and rocker studs and rockers.
add $1000 for CNC porting.
A pretty good deal if you ask me

Is this the updated pricing, the sheet I looked at was effective from 4/13/2023 and either HS or T+D rockers for 5 grand.
It's probably last year's catalog, I was looking at head packages last summer and it's what I already had on my phone.

Is this the updated pricing, the sheet I looked at was effective from 4/13/2023 and either HS or T+D rockers for 5 grand.

I was just on Harland Sharps website and for some reason they don’t show a rocker set for 360-1 or 360-2 heads. Which I’ve always thought was crazy because it’s the same rocker as the 440-1 heads take. Different shafts of course.

Let me know what you think. I've been side eyeing a set for the last year or so, I can't leave well enough alone I guess.

My thoughts on those heads is I probably wouldn’t get the 245 maxed out heads and I have two leakers on my shelf that I bought from my buddy. I have posts saved on my computer of lots of issues. My 360-1 heads are had ported and far from maxed out and have gone the same exact 5.98 as my Edelbrock heads and they aren’t maxed out. Their exhaust program doesn’t have to be as aggressive as it is especially if you go for fast airspeed like I do. They take too much material out.

My thoughts on those heads is I probably wouldn’t get the 245 maxed out heads and I have two leakers on my shelf that I bought from my buddy. I have posts saved on my computer of lots of issues. My 360-1 heads are had ported and far from maxed out and have gone the same exact 5.98 as my Edelbrock heads and they aren’t maxed out. Their exhaust program doesn’t have to be as aggressive as it is especially if you go for fast airspeed like I do. They take too much material out.
What would you charge to port a 360-1 if you were interested in porting them. Pm if you like.

What would you charge to port a 360-1 if you were interested in porting them. Pm if you like.

I can’t even think about that right now. I have a set of heads to finish and a totally job on a set of Edelbrock heads and a manifold. And it’s race season. Sorry.

Will my current valve covers edelbrock RPM type, work on the indy cylinder heads?

Will my current valve covers edelbrock RPM type, work on the indy cylinder heads?

I run spacers on all of my stuff and my mopar performance once worked on mine. A lot of these covers hit on the better manifolds (super Victor and Victor340) so I run 3/8 valve cover spacers on everything now.

I run spacers on all of my stuff and my mopar performance once worked on mine. A lot of these covers hit on the better manifolds (super Victor and Victor340) so I run 3/8 valve cover spacers on everything now.
Can you share which spacers I would have to purchase to make them work?

As I’ve told guys before I love these spacers but they are not a bolt on. At least not for me. With the 1.6 rockers I run on about everything I had to grind for pushrod clearance so check this out. Also if you run the fan valve covers I had to slot the holes because those bolts came in at a funky angle especially on my Indy 360-1 heads. Not a hard job but a much easier job to check out on an engine stand.

0D6E8CF2-EE4F-4C48-9538-F6136A8592D7.jpeg

6B15D1F5-C37A-4030-BAFA-7F23DA012751.jpeg

What I did was to simply mill the intake for valve cover clearance. But like pbr said, gotta make sure you have pushrod clearance, it gets tight.

20230720_104556.jpg

As I’ve told guys before I love these spacers but they are not a bolt on. At least not for me. With the 1.6 rockers I run on about everything I had to grind for pushrod clearance so check this out. Also if you run the fan valve covers I had to slot the holes because those bolts came in at a funky angle especially on my Indy 360-1 heads. Not a hard job but a much easier job to check out on an engine stand.

View attachment 1716117162

View attachment 1716117163
At some point when you have time, could you please post a picture from the intake side, kind of like replicaracer43 did of his head, but showing the clearance you have on that setup between valve cover and intake. I need to order a pair of those but keep putting it off.

Someone did that to a Victor340 i got from a customer to port and I couldn’t open the port to gasket match it. I would have had 1/16-1/8 max material left for sealing. Be careful.

At some point when you have time, could you please post a picture from the intake side, kind of like replicaracer43 did of his head, but showing the clearance you have on that setup between valve cover and intake. I need to order a pair of those but keep putting it off.

I’m at the track and internet sucks more than normal. Might have to wait till Monday. Remind me. Upload speed is 2.

55409E1F-9FBA-47A4-A006-3705B9BF3F2D.png

Well
I looked back in my gallery and I have a few pictures but nothing that is going to help you. At least on my Indy heads. And that combo won’t be back together till next year. I posted a few of my Edelbrock heads with them
On in my alcohol post last week then o think I deleted my pictures.

898E673C-C312-4238-B118-571CD521DDB0.png

FAD12D07-EE50-4CD7-A95E-F0207F5E68A2.jpeg

9F6BEF50-6847-479B-80D4-E5261F95F567.jpeg

B66D199A-82EC-4557-A17A-4A01F0802057.jpeg

I’m at the track and internet sucks more than normal. Might have to wait till Monday. Remind me. Upload speed is 2.

View attachment 1716117310
Well

I looked back in my gallery and I have a few pictures but nothing that is going to help you. At least on my Indy heads. And that combo won’t be back together till next year. I posted a few of my Edelbrock heads with them
On in my alcohol post last week then o think I deleted my pictures.

View attachment 1716117378

View attachment 1716117379

View attachment 1716117380

View attachment 1716117381
Those pictures helped a bunch. I can see how tall it looks next to the intake with that spacer in place. Thanks, I appreciate it.
I saw they make an offset spacer for the Ford small block, moving the cover a little more toward the intake while raising it, but if yours works well with your push rod clearance added I don't need to worry about moving it in, just up.

Also, have a good weekend at the race track.

i bought a pair few years ago , cnc version.

i made 647hp on a 410 at 10,52 cr and a crane .630 lift @ 272 int 282 ex dur

no leaks so far and engine run strong on the track and street !!!

some said they were leakers but not a drop for me

as rockers i use harland sharp 1.6 ratio and same thing there not a bad word to say

i know there is no part number for them in there catalog but id called them and they figure it out for me and took 3 weeks before they show up at my doors

as for t&d rockers 2 of my friends used them and hade big problem with the rockers chewing the shaft so at the price they pay for those and the 500$ id saved buy using the harland sharp i think id made the right choice

i dont know if it will help you but im very please with them

ps. the indy rockers arent that bad but not a on big spring like a mec roller cam need

-
Back