Indy Cylinder Small Block Crate Experiences?

-

darc1722

Reaction score
Looking for some input on your experience with Indy Cylinder Head. I'm looking at one of their small block crate engines and would like to learn as much as I can about them before purchasing. If you have had a good (or bad) experience with their products or services please let me know. How was their support, do they do quality work, what do you think of them? Thanks

I got my stroker rotating assembly from them, good price and all the parts seem to be holding up fine, I met a guy at a car show last Sunday, he said he is on FABO didn't get his name, he has a complete crate motor from Indy runs good from what he told me, most on here FABO are not big fans of Indy there are 2 others on here MRL and IMM engines that are highly recommended, and they both support the site, Indy sadly does not.

They have a horrible customer service problem. That is what most people hate about them.

Do a Google search. There are TONS of threads on the internet complaining about their poor customer service. Most people believe they have gotten too big to worry about losing a customer here or there.

i would consider MRLperformance or IMM before indy mike and brian are on here everyday and seem to stand behind there work and care about the customer

I think they manufacture some good products. I would just purchase them through a dealer rather than directly through Indy.

Purchase there product from a dealer of there product. This way, should a issue pop up, you deal with the dealer who is willing to work with and not a hat headed self righteous. Low hard *** wipe telling you how bad of a mechanical know nothing idiot you are for screwing up your engine build and/or there stuff.

Purchase there product from a dealer of there product. This way, should a issue pop up, you deal with the dealer who is willing to work with and not a hat headed self righteous. Low hard *** wipe telling you how bad of a mechanical know nothing idiot you are for screwing up your engine build and/or there stuff.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really fill! :D

They have a horrible customer service problem. That is what most people hate about them.

I was seriously considering one of their 408's a few years back and decided against it solely for how i was talked to on the phone. It was like i was bothering them by wanting to purchase a product.

I had purchased their 360-1 small block head kit all CNC'ed ported through them years ago, about a $5,000 purchase. After that purchase tried talking to the guys at the Indy display during Mopar at the Strip. It was kind of like trying to talk to someone from behind a locked door. As said above if you have a problem it is like you f'ed that up we can sell you another.:violent1:

Just doesn't make sense to pay good money to get treated like **** in my opinion. If it has to be a Indy part go through a dealer.

I have never heard a good word about Indy Cylinder heads. One fellow I know bought a set of 440 EZ heads from them and installed them on his 440 and it wouldn't start even though it ran fine before with the stock heads. He ran a compression test and only had compression on 3 cylinders. After making sure no valves were being held open he took the heads off and had them vacuum tested and found 5 cylinders had bent valves. Not sure why as these were brand new out of the box and his cam isn't anywhere close to big enough to create valve to piston interference. When he called Indy they told him he screwed them up and treated him like an idiot that doesn't know anything at all about a car and refused to do anything but look at the heads and repair them at his cost if he sent them to them. He ended up filing a credit card dispute with them and got his money back.

Check out Hensley Performance. Those guys are awesome and they are competitively priced. All the guys I've talked to at Indy are assholes and don't help you out one bit. Wouldn't spend a penny with them ever!!!!!

-
Back