Indy/RHS Heads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they flowed better than expected, and the problem is that if the exh. side flows more than the intake side then the overlap of the cam at low lifts will pull the intake charge out the exh, creating a lean condition. Now if it was going on a NOS engine then I would fully port the exh. side as the engine would be getting force induction and the NOS would like the higher flowing exh. ports. The heads were 77% total as seen in the pictures but the low lifts were 93-96 % which is very high for low lifts, and thats why I left the exh. side alone.

Looks great Bobby!

Thanks for letting me know that they are shipped, I cant wait to put them on the engine, it has been waiting for over 9 months!!

They look great BJR! I really like the deep port match on the manifold too. Is that a Victor?

Another question, I noticed you are using guide plates. Did they have to modified for the 1.6 rockers?

OK, one more question. How much open VS pressure do you think this style valve train can handle?

BJR did you just open the ports on the intake? or port the whole thing?

They look great BJR! I really like the deep port match on the manifold too. Is that a Victor?

Another question, I noticed you are using guide plates. Did they have to modified for the 1.6 rockers?

OK, one more question. How much open VS pressure do you think this style valve train can handle?

Ram,
The guide plates came with the heads, and Mad Dart will have to check to see if they need to be modified when he puts the heads on the engine. We won't know this till he gets the heads on Thursday, 9/24.

I would say up to 550-600 open pressure and or 220 closed pressure.

I opened the ports as can be seen in the pics. about 1-2"'s.

ok jw, will that help the intake flow better? Jw before I port my intake because I thought I would have to port the entire runner to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back