innovate wideband o2

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
Anybody using the the LM-1 or LM-2 ????? I am looking to spend some cash on getting the mixture right with my dart. I am wondering if I can get by with the single o2 sensor unit. It would not be that hard to have a plug in one header and switch back and forth to tune.

I have done some research on wideband units and this seams to be the best based on all the other ones dont self calibrate for the sensor wearing out.

Any input would be appreciated thanks

I also want to go this route and have decided to do the dual sensor system. However, the single sensor should work just fine on one side without the need to swap back and forth between bank.

Also, I was thinking about installing the single sensor (When I was contemplating a purchase of the single sensor unit) in/at the junction of the X pipe.

Since it is pricey to begin with, I'll save a few bucks more for the dual sensor system.

I've read that mounting the sensors 3" before the collector is the best spot. Mounting in the x pipe i was told would be inaccurate

They are a great tool. If you get one make absolutely sure it has the RPM logging function.

I have one and it's great. Loaned it to my friend in Arkansas and his car is running much better now. No more guess work on where it's lean or rich.

Remember that there is a range that the engine will usually run best. Don't trap yourself saying you have to hit a certain A/F number.

Swapping it side to side is a good way to do it.

Just make sure you never have the o2 sensor in the tube and not heated by the unit. It will trash the sensor FAST! Also, leaded fuel will kill them. They don't like deposits sitting on them which leaded fuel leaves behind.

Look on e-bay. They pop up there every once in a while. There was one with the RPM logging for sale on moparts a month or two ago for like in the $250 range. Screaming deal.

They are having a lot of issues with the new units. If you are going to buy a new one, you might wait until the issues are ironed out.

Just make sure you never have the o2 sensor in the tube and not heated by the unit.

what tube are you talking about (header tube)

which part number or numbers should i be looking for?

What was said... always in the collector, I would put bungs in eahc side and swap it, and no leaded fuel. Even a tiny amount will clog the sensor and render it useless.

I've read that mounting the sensors 3" before the collector is the best spot. Mounting in the x pipe i was told would be inaccurate

Thanks, glad you said that. I had an Edelbrock 02 sensor and there instructions were in the collector, not the reducer or exhaust pipe.

Just make sure you never have the o2 sensor in the tube and not heated by the unit.

Don't have the O2 in the exhaust tube without it being heated by the LM unit.

Don't know part numbers. Maybe look at their site.

Mine is Ancient

-
Back