INSURANCE....

-

Jlcaptain24

Reaction score
Just wanted to this out there for my fellow Moparians, as I despise insurance companies.

I got Grundy insurance for my Dart...stated value 18K, full coverage for 260 a YEAR. Dirt cheap. Restrictions? Must have a different daily driver insured (not through them necessarily) and car must be garaged when at home. No mileage or use restrictions. Can't race it either...well, you can. Just don't be surprised when they won't cover you crashing into a barrier. Very reasonable I thought.

Cheers

nice

i got my duster wrapped up with the insurance on everything else...i wonder if it comes close to that

(oh, and i also keep a gun under the armrest, but thats a different kind of insurance)

nice

i got my duster wrapped up with the insurance on everything else...i wonder if it comes close to that

(oh, and i also keep a gun under the armrest, but thats a different kind of insurance)
LOL...some people just need to be shot. Fact.
My heartache with "normal" insurance is they insure each vehicle as an equal risk...ie, you've driving every car 15,000 miles a year. I'm only one dude...I can only drive so much. Their risk model doesn't reflect that. Also, my daily driver insurance company (liberty mutual) stated flat out, they won't do stated value policies. I'm sure a 72 dart clocks in around 1200 dollars on their books. A bit shy of it's actual worth.

You really don't have insurance anyway, just a paper that says you do. In reality you are self insured, in the fact that if you have an accident they raise your rates so that they get it all back. So you paid for it anyway.
Initially I believe that they intend for your origional premium just to line their pockets.
Yote

You really don't have insurance anyway, just a paper that says you do. In reality you are self insured, in the fact that if you have an accident they raise your rates so that they get it all back. So you paid for it anyway.
Initially I believe that they intend for your origional premium just to line their pockets.
Yote
Uhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I have both of My Mopars thru State Farm. -- I don't have the numbers available, at this time, but they beat Grundy, and Hagerty. ----- I ,also, have 3 other, daily drivers, with them.

I do(did..) race mine., In California,Viking has treated me ,decently... Locked in ,on AAA. Auto Club, they sponge you to death,on magazines and other garbage.. Thinking of switching both cars over,to a different company,after research... (Mopar in garage,not insured yet....)

I do(did..) race mine., In California,Viking has treated me ,decently... Locked in ,on AAA. Auto Club, they sponge you to death,on magazines and other garbage.. Thinking of switching both cars over,to a different company,after research... (Mopar in garage,not insured yet....)
------------------Insurance connection, denton texas, Jessica- 940 222 4272 - ext. 104 --not a daily driver, locked up at night, covered everywhere but actually going down the strip. beat hagerty and grundy both .

I have both of My Mopars thru State Farm. -- I don't have the numbers available, at this time, but they beat Grundy, and Hagerty. ----- I ,also, have 3 other, daily drivers, with them.
Have State Farm as well. Excellent rates and stated value no problem.

Looks like I need to give statefarm a call. I insure my daily drivers through USAA, and get excellent rates. On the Valiant they will only offer liability, no stated value. I forget who all I called, but Haggerty was the one I was going to go with as they were the only "classic car" folks that would allow me to actually drive the dang for more than 20ft off the trailer to the garage...

I was actually talking to my Gramps the other day after the election. We were just BS'ing about life in general and how things have changed. He was telling me about how people always pine over the "good old days", but they weren't always all that good. He told me a story about his senior year in HS, he was riding in the passenger seat of his buddy's hotrod during lunch, two lady friends in the back seat. They were ripping *** around some backroads close to the school, impressing the girls, just being teenagers. They dropped him off so he could hit study hall, and a few min later, t-boned a 2-1/2ton stake bed truck owned by the city. By the time he went to his locker and got to study hall, people were already talking bout the "big accident". One girl was killed, one lived but never returned to school, and his buddy was in the hospital for weeks and never returned to school either. They had hit the stake bed truck so hard they knocked one of the rear axles completely off the truck. The guys dad had to refinace the house and it took him and the son years to pay off the medical bills, and the damage to the city truck. Although his buddy was fully insured, back then if it was determined anything illegal(like speeding) contributed to the accident, the insurance company had the right to redact your policy to officially terminate at midnight the day prior to your accident...

I have Grundy and are really happy with them. I had a engine fire and they covered it 100% with no hassles at all. It was as painless as it gets to do a claim.

Another thing I like about State Farm is I have a Corvette Challenge car, a Dirt Sprinter and a Formula Atlantic car that they insure, not on the track, but while in storage and being transported. Big Plus!

-
Back