intake manifold

-

1966gtdartman

Reaction score
hey wanted to know if a edelbrok preformer intake manifold 2176 is a good choice on my stock 71 318 . just upgrading from the stock 2 barrel set up to a holly 600 cfm elect chock and wanted to see if thisis a good fit

Like it was made for it! In fact it was, there is a pirt mismatch on a 340/360, but the 318 is good to go!

I don't really like them, the older Edelbrock were better, IMO

Look for them off Ebay or on here..what was it called again ?..I know the 340 intakes were LD340 but the smaller port intakes I can't recall right now

I don't really like them, the older Edelbrock were better, IMO

Look for them off Ebay or on here..what was it called again ?..I know the 340 intakes were LD340 but the smaller port intakes I can't recall right now
LD4B - for sale forum.:angel9:

It is an excellant intake for stock/near stock (headers,duals and mild cam) 318 engines. Port size matches 318 heads and makes power from idle to about 5000 rpm. I find them used in the 75-100 range locally.

Agreed, the LD4B is the way to go rather than the new Performer.

performer is a good step up but would go with a 625 AVS carb

I have a performer 318/360 on a stock '83 318 with a thermoquad and it kicks ***. Home port job and port match .455 lift 220 duration mp cam. Ports are a bit small for a larger displacement or more radical motor.

From what I can tell, the LD4B used to be sold by Chrysler before Mopar Performance cranked out its own manifold. Compared to the 2176, the LD4B had larger runners and plenum volume. Both manifolds are built for the small port heads that are used on the 273 and 318.

IMHO, since you're not changing cam or rear gear, the 2176 may be the better choice. The LD4B may make more power on the top end, but the 2176 will provide better low end throttle response.

I like my LD4B. I have the Holley Street Avenger 570. Dual exhaust turbo mufflers. Nothing else done...at this time.

hey wanted to know if a edelbrok preformer intake manifold 2176 is a good choice on my stock 71 318 . just upgrading from the stock 2 barrel set up to a holly 600 cfm elect chock and wanted to see if thisis a good fit

get a holley 20-7 bracket to properly mount the throttle linkage...

and usually the old 2 barrel throttle bracket is incorrect and a 4 barrel bracket is needed to place the cable correctly...

and lastly, the 2 barrel throttle cable is usually too short...

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/reenthbr.html

just a heads up for you...

Attachments

• throttle cable.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 190
Running one on a stock 318/Edelbrock 1406 carb and it works great for mine.
Got it for $60 off Craigslist, and got a (like new) Eddie 1406 electric choke at the local pick a part for $50 with the chrome aircleaner.

Disclaimer:
Not typical luck for most :D

performer is a great choice have one on both my mild 318's with both having edel 625 and a 650cfm run great make sure its a non egr it looks cleaner then having bolts in the holes. im going to put a heat dispense plate on mine that dont have it i would say its a good thing to do.

There is a Edelbrock Streetmaster single plane with the tiny plenum restriction for sale here, supposed to raise the velocity for the runners . Never used one but for a stocker, may be a little unique. Mopar ran a single plane on every 273, either 2 or 4bbl so there are not taboo on a stock motor, in the sale section too. Same guy I think.

-
Back