intake question on edlebrock intake

-

old mopar guy

Reaction score
i have an edlebrock LD4B four barrel intake for a small block i have never seen this certain one and i am wondering if it will be a good intake for street use with a 650 edlebrock carb on a mostly stock 318 it is what i have and funds don't allow for a new intake right now any help would be very helpful thanks mark

!!! NO !!! This is a TERRIBLE intake and should have been removed from the market before it was even offered.

Send it to me, I'd like a great paperweight. Be happy to pay a small phenomenol fee

I would use it. It was made for 318's & 273's I believe. Maybe file the ports a bit if they are smaller than the gasket holes.

That intake is almost the same intake as a LD340. The main difference is that it has smaller ports for a 318. It is a fine choice for a 318.

I have used that intake before and I'll give it an excellent rating. It helped move my Duster into the 14's. A low comprsion '79 318 mill, a 904 and 3.21 gears. Headers and a small Crane cam.

IMO, you should use a thick gasket under the carb and block off the heat cross over for best useage/performance.

thanks guys i do believe i will take a chance and use this intake and thank you for your input on this question

-
Back