Is it ok to copy a W5 head and make it better or are we just mad at Speedmaster

-
Just don’t put any MoPar, Chrysler or Chrysler corp. part number symbol or logo on the part your copying and you can go to town.

Once you put one of the above on the part, you could be in big trouble.

If a little guy to a big corp makes a tail light from a basic, ugly poor quality copy or just a simple part that looks similar to an exquisite reproduction, as long as the part is devoid of the above, there good to go and sell without repercussions.

I’m surprised someone is producing shark tooth grills.

I got one but unfortunately paid more than $500 for it. :BangHead: At least my friend gave me the correct argent bezels for free.

Seems like a decent quality reproduction part but what do I know. Presumably made in China.
IMG_6099.jpg

Just don’t put any MoPar, Chrysler or Chrysler corp. part number symbol or logo on the part your copying and you can go to town.

Once you put one of the above on the part, you could be in big trouble.

If a little guy to a big corp makes a tail light from a basic, ugly poor quality copy or just a simple part that looks similar to an exquisite reproduction, as long as the part is devoid of the above, there good to go and sell without repercussions.
They have to do this, because if they don't they could lose their trademark protection. They have to pursue all instances of unauthorized use of trademarks, or they could be told down the road "since XYZ company used the pentastar on their parts and you knew about it and didn't demand they license them and didn't try to stop it you can no longer claim exclusive use of it." That happens so it's not surprising that Chrysler enforces trademark infringement. But sometimes their tactics seem very heavy handed. Maybe those folks deserve it for ignoring previous warnings, I don't know.

They have to do this, because if they don't they could lose their trademark protection. They have to pursue all instances of unauthorized use of trademarks, or they could be told down the road "since XYZ company used the pentastar on their parts and you knew about it and didn't demand they license them and didn't try to stop it you can no longer claim exclusive use of it." That happens so it's not surprising that Chrysler enforces trademark infringement. But sometimes their tactics seem very heavy handed. Maybe those folks deserve it for ignoring previous warnings, I don't know.

So sorry, just checking, did you correctly read my post and assume the m a stupid *** or just re affirming what I wrote.

Just checking…..

So sorry, just checking, did you correctly read my post and assume the m a stupid *** or just re affirming what I wrote.

Just checking…..
:rofl:
No problem!
Reaffirming and adding background info.
It seems crazy what they do, but there's a method to their madness.

My opinion is a Chinese product should only be bought as a last resort. So if you can source a part or tool domestically, new, used, NOS, NORS or even refurbished, you should do so before buying Chinese. Hell buy Mexican or Peruvian before Chinese.

I think too many people give the Chinese products a free pass because they're cheap.
Absolutely... :thumbsup:

But these same people have offshore TV’s in every room. Lol. You guys kill me.
I had to go buy some new under ware this weekend. The first four stores I shopped in only had under ware from China. The fifth store had some under ware made in Honduras . So I bought that.

Nope, only one old TV here... broadcast TV and a converter box. And if I ever have to get another TV I'll buy a used one to keep the Chinese from sending one on a boat over here.

Nope, only one old TV here... broadcast TV and a converter box. And if I ever have to get another TV I'll buy a used one to keep the Chinese from sending one on a boat over here.

How about your dishwasher, dishes, washer and dryer, faucets, lawn tools, tires, gasoline, carpet, etc.

I had to go buy some new under ware this weekend. The first four stores I shopped in only had under ware from China. The fifth store had some under ware made in Honduras . So I bought that.
Lol
If I were you I would have bought the cheapest ones.
When you drop the hammer on that Dakota you might be having to rake them out:lol:

Where can you buy a US made TV? The answer is you can’t. And that’s where we are headed. In 20 years everything will be Chinese junk.

So you can’t say we don’t ***** about everything that comes from china. Or India. Or who gives a ****?

We won two world wars. We fund every first world nation while they steal from us.

It’s ******* stupid and to argue what you are is silly.

How about your dishwasher, dishes, washer and dryer, faucets, lawn tools, tires, gasoline, carpet, etc.
Made in usa dishwasher, made in usa dishes (old buffalo china) made in usa washer and dryer, made in usa faucets, made in usa or bought used made in usa lawn equipment at estate sales or local small engine shops, USA tires (coopers), USA gasoline, I don't have wall to wall carpets and my house is over 200 years old so my floors ain't Chinese
I’ll guarantee that converter box is made out of county
I don't know where it was made, it's old, but if that's the piece of Chinese equipment that makes me a hypocrite, then that's a pretty big reach.

God forbid someone try to live a life that economically supports their own countrymen before supporting foreigners :rolleyes:

If the argument is "you can't buy 100% American made, only 90%, so that makes you just like the guy who buys 25% American" then that's a pretty silly argument

Made in usa dishwasher, made in usa dishes (old buffalo china) made in usa washer and dryer, made in usa faucets, made in usa or bought used made in usa lawn equipment at estate sales or local small engine shops, USA tires (coopers), USA gasoline, I don't have wall to wall carpets and my house is over 200 years old so my floors ain't Chinese

I don't know where it was made, it's old, but if that's the piece of Chinese equipment that makes me a hypocrite, then that's a pretty big reach.

God forbid someone try to live a life that economically supports their own countrymen before supporting foreigners :rolleyes:

If the argument is "you can't buy 100% American made, only 90%, so that makes you just like the guy who buys 25% American" then that's a pretty silly argument

Sorry I’ll call bull crap on this. Have you ever bought anything from Harbor freight.

Have you ever bought anything from Harbor freight.
Nope, I don't have any Chinese tools, but I'm pretty sure me undies are made in China.
Funny thing about Chinese made clothes, they shrink every time washed and dried. lol

-
Back