It's an '04 and he's already "lost" the title..........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yeh, right, stupid. That's whut I'm gonna do.......

2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi

I have a 2004 dodge with the 5.7 hemi 4x4 decent shape good motor and tranny 160000 miles mainly for parts it's 100% complete just no title bill of sale only text me with offers not firm on price
00E0E_gcBBVZ52BCA_600x450.jpg

00X0X_4upT853dxjW_600x450.jpg

00v0v_lwIMTW0bMwf_600x450.jpg

What is the price? Or should we make it a contest and guess?

^^The price doesn't matter. The fact that there's no title makes it stolen. The finance company is who has the title. However, the price was in the CL link, $2K

^^The price doesn't matter. The fact that there's no title makes it stolen. The finance company is who has the title. However, the price was in the CL link, $2K
No title doesnt mean its stolen. Not by a long shot. I had an 2003 S10, I lost the title back in 2010 when I moved. It had come in the mail the day of the move and didnt make it into the safe with the others. I didnt realize it until I went to trade it in a full year later. So I simply submitted the paperwork and had a replacement title issued

Trying to sell it without a title makes stolen, no if's, and's, or but's.

no it does not. There'd be a lot of people on this forum in jail then.

Truth. My dad and I have pursed several vehicles with no title and bill of sale. Most were parted and scrapped but the ones we kept we went through the process of getting the titles. You do run the risk of having it seized but we we're buying cars over $1k. I will say having the title makes life way easier.

I think it just seems a little off that hes selling a pefectly running pickup with only 166000 miles and only wants $2k.

I think it just seems a little off that hes selling a pefectly running pickup with only 166000 miles and only wants $2k.
That is strange, i'll give you that. Wonder if it could be a mechanic lien situation. I know in Indiana, if you put a mechanic lien on a vehicle that you have documented proof of working on for lack of payment, you can sell the vehicle even without the owner's consent after so many days and after certain legal notices.

That could be a possibility either way. I think if it was stolen the seller would be smarter than putting it on craigslist and hive out his phone number and address.

That could be a possibility either way. I think if it was stolen the seller would be smarter than putting it on craigslist and hive out his phone number and address.
dont know, there are dumb criminals lol

I may not be able to read, but I know when to use "sell" and when to use "sale".

Leave your home state for ten minutes. Other states aren't like yours.

And if you could read, you'd see I said...no title, no own. Didn't say **** about affidavits, lost title applications, leins, judgments, probate courts, trapped in your old ladies' fat folds, or otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont know, there are dumb criminals lol

Had a guy write a hot check for a quad we sold at the shop. Found it on cl three days later. Called him pretending to be interested in buying it, and he told us where he, and it, was. Went and repo'd it that afternoon.

I may not be able to read, but I know when to use "sell" and when to use "sale".

Leave your home state for ten minutes. Other states aren't like yours.

And if you could read, you'd see I said...no title, no own. Didn't say **** about affidavits, lost title applications, leins, judgments, probate courts, trapped in your old ladies' fat folds, or otherwise.
I looked it up in the state that the vehicle is being sold in...... Not my state. and no, you said "Trying to sell it without a title makes stolen, no if's, and's, or but's." no title does not automatically equal stolen....

Some states don't even issue titles, like Georgia. Older vehicles are sold with a bill of sale only.

Who here is buying this truck? No one? Then who gives a damn about the title. Don't mean it's stolen. It's a 13-14 year old truck that has rust, 2k sounds good to me. Make for a great hunting truck, too bad it's so far away.

There are LEGAL WAYS to do sell WITHOUT A TITLE, which the seller mentioned in the ad providing a BILL OF SALE, which according to the DMV linked above, works along with the affidavit. Therefore, it is LEGAL. .

Nice try, here's the deal. This vehicle has no title because the title has a lien, as in "finance company" therefore it IS NOT THE SELLER'S RIGHT to sell it, hence "stolen" in that sense of the word.

In WA or ID you MUST have a title or a clear path to one when selling a vehicle. This means if "Household Finance" has the paper, you have to go get that signed off. If the title is clear but merely misplaced, it is a simple matter for the OWNER/ SELLER not the buyer........to order a new one from the state DMV

"Who cares" about a title? I do. Maybe some of you guys who promote buying vehicles "without" need to review this thread.......

WOW Stolen Cuda found

stolen Cuda found,cops refuse to get it back - Yellow Bullet Forums

Del, it's a 13 year old truck, unless he got it from Cars & Credit (absolute crooks) no bank would even use it as collateral, they wouldn't get their money back out of it. If a bank still has the lien and the truck is paid for they will gladly give it to you, but it would or should have been sent out when the loan was paid. In Minnesota any lien older than 7 years old can be waived by a couple signatures.

And who are any of us to say what the seller did with the title? @dukeboy_318 lost one, I've misplaced a couple, so I think it's getting the cart ahead of the horse. Just saying, devils advocate if you will. It definitely might be a shady deal, but it could be legit too. I'd be all over it if it was closer.

Nice try, here's the deal. This vehicle has no title because the title has a lien, as in "finance company" therefore it IS NOT THE SELLER'S RIGHT to sell it, hence "stolen" in that sense of the word.

In WA or ID you MUST have a title or a clear path to one when selling a vehicle. This means if "Household Finance" has the paper, you have to go get that signed off. If the title is clear but merely misplaced, it is a simple matter for the OWNER/ SELLER not the buyer........to order a new one from the state DMV

"Who cares" about a title? I do. Maybe some of you guys who promote buying vehicles "without" need to review this thread.......

WOW Stolen Cuda found

stolen Cuda found,cops refuse to get it back - Yellow Bullet Forums
And you know for a fact there is a lien against said vehicle? Evidence?

We have this a lot in SE Ohio. Usually ends up that they got a title loan on the vehicle and can't pay it off.

Some states don't even issue titles, like Georgia. Older vehicles are sold with a bill of sale only.

I believe that this is no longer accurate. Have you done this lately?

-
Back