It's getting painful to read some of the posts on here.

-
Call it what you want, it's still social media and you get what you get. I have noticed the grammar skills since day one but
I post how I want and glean helpful information where I can regardless of grammar or spelling. Attitudes now, that's
a different story and now that my car is finished I really don't have much call to be here.
Who has the time or self-importance to monitor others on a free social media site anyway?

Did my wife put you up to this. I know she works full time for the grammar police but now she has just gone too far to get my attention. I know I am one of those impatient people who rely on spell check with fat thumbs typing on my phone. I didn't realize it was that big of a deal but I will definitely try to improve. Seriously your point has been noted. As I am a half retarded southern redneck.

Thier r noo fatt tums out thier......itz toes teanie weeeny letrs onn teh fone!! Eye hvae biqueg hans nad bik fengirs, Eye alwiys hvae 2 reetpye evryting b-cuase teh letrz R 2 lttle on teh fone. Itz knot faat fengirs!.

PS - Sorree abuot teh pure speelink. I tink teh speeling poleese whold giv mee a lyfe sintince!
treblig

Hell I'm pretty happy if I can just get you guys to use the spacebar, period, and the Shift/ capitalize key once in awhile LMAO

Some just need to chest thump and go on about how much better they are than everyone else.( No one referenced in particular)

I'm often on the net on my smart phone. The keyboard is so small and my finger tips don't come to a point! I hit the speaker button and say what I want to type. The bad thing is there are no caps or punctuation, just one long run-on sentence.

I'm often on the net on my smart phone. The keyboard is so small and my finger tips don't come to a point! I hit the speaker button and say what I want to type. The bad thing is there are no caps or punctuation, just one long run-on sentence.
I'm often on the net on my smart phone the keyboard is so small and my fingertips don't come to a point I hit the speaker button and say what I want to type the bad thing is there's no caps or punctuation just one long run-on sentence

(The same paragraph from my phone. There you have it!)

Eye doughn't thnk eny 1 kan mizspeel petter then Eye kan....Eye em teh gratist mizshepler thaat evr liivd!! Teh funee prt iz taht speelng hass nuthink 2 du wit kummunikasion!!

Treblig

I don't have/ use a smartphone/ tablet, but I bet that is a large amount of the trouble right there..........a keyboard that is difficult to manage as to be nearly useless. I have some tiny "convertible" tablets I bought. They DO have removable keyboards but they are not full size, so trying to "touch type" with my club fingers is "not happenin"

Eye doughn't thnk eny 1 kan mizspeel petter then Eye kan....Eye em teh gratist mizshepler thaat evr liivd!! Teh funee prt iz taht speelng hass nuthink 2 du wit kummunikasion!!

Treblig
I thinct yurs spelllins arr guuder din lotz em peeples iz. Yur otter bin prowd uf yer umkomplizchmints!

Last edited:
My current smartphone got dumber when it lost the ability to rotate to 'landscape' where the keys were wider. Probably get a new one soon, but phone still works otherwise.
The worst ever for my was when I had a Blackberry phone for work. Them beady little keys...:wtf::BangHead:

I thinct yurs spelllins are guuder din lotz em peeples iz. Yur otter bin prowd uf yer umkomplizchmints!

DAMM!! Ur pritty gould!! Un4tuknitly Eu speeled 1 werd Korctlly (are), zo eye wood half 2 gev eu aa bee mynez 4 ur greyed!..Zorry.

P -ez - Eye du giv freiee 2terng lezzons!!
treblig

DAMM!! Ur pritty gould!! Un4tuknitly Eu speeled 1 werd Korctlly (are), zo eye wood half 2 gev eu aa bee mynez 4 ur greyed!..Zorry.

P -ez - Eye du giv freiee 2terng lezzons!!
treblig
LMAO. I saw that and went back and 'uncorrected' it before your reply!

But sometimes spelling does matter...

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_3.00.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_2.58.49_PM.png

Last edited:
Wow! I just realized I fail to capitalize the first word of every sentence. All this time I figured everyone on here is smart enough to figure it out!!!
Smart phones! Ha.. I just have fliptop. Ever try texting on such!???? It makes me pissy!!! OK so a lot of things make me pissy!! ha

Last edited:
Nobody is perfect, life deals everyone a different hand. I never say no to someone asking for help,as well i never look down my nose at anyone. God has blessed me with the life i have today, and for that i am grateful. Pay it forward i say.

Is it just me or have the posts gotten way worse lately? Horrendous spelling, run on sentences, atrocious grammar, and a complete inability to convey one's own thoughts seem to be becoming commonplace. I consider my comprehension skills to be pretty good. Even after rereading a post several times, I sometimes find myself at a complete loss as to what the hell the poster is trying to say.
It may well be you, I have noticed it since the day I joined... but it's not just here, spend enough time on EBay or CraigsList and you'll be unable to avoid it. As suggested by others, if it's so bad that it truly affronts you - just move on, let the Grammar Nazi in you chuckle inwardly - we're not in grammar school and it's not a winnable battle. Wutcha gunna due dood. :lol:

Most of the time you can read a paragraph even if all the vowels are missing. It is also not to difficult to read a paragraph as long as the words have the first and last letters correct, and all the other letters are present, in any order.
I think it is concepts that are difficult to understand. For instance, my wife has a degree, spells great, good grammar, good punctuation, blah blah blah. However, when she tries to describe a real or perceived problem with with her car, my response is usually... huh?.

-
Back