It's getting painful to read some of the posts on here.

-
Looks like it's time to post the FABO Spelling IQ again....:)

eonvrye that can raed this rsaie your hnad.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and
the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!

only reason I can read it is I am partially or maybe more than partially disslexic!! ha ( grammar police please correct spelling!!!) thanks again

Looks like it's time to post the FABO Spelling IQ again....:)

eonvrye that can raed this rsaie your hnad.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and
the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
Not only could I read it, I was pretty much speed reading...lol

If it can be understood, I think its all good, its not rocket science here.
Lets keepp these old beests on the rowd regardless..............lol

Dave

I use my iphone, rattle off simething and wonder how that got in there ? Its like the keys change or something.
Little phone average fingers.

I try, but its hit and miss.
This forum is nothing compared to buy and sell sites like kijiji

My editors are always busy so mistakes are made.

0140FFE0-BA11-4C9B-A069-DF868C473558.jpeg

For me it isn't so much how the posts are written as much as what the actual content is that makes them hard to read sometimes.

I'm amazed how apparently angry some folks are, lashing out at everything from retail stores to canned meat. They don't just say they dislike something, they rant on about them in multiple posts like the subject is some devil-in-carnate that must be railed against with every new post supporting the topic being another call to rant.

Is it just me or have the posts gotten way worse lately? Horrendous spelling, run on sentences, atrocious grammar, and a complete inability to convey one's own thoughts seem to be becoming commonplace. I consider my comprehension skills to be pretty good. Even after rereading a post several times, I sometimes find myself at a complete loss as to what the hell the poster is trying to say.
WOW GET A LIFE ...

PBS had a series "Small Business School", where the Hostess and entrepreneur would interview small business owners & tour the facilities, learning from and sharing
their experiences failures & successes. One gentleman was pushing 70 or so, His Company employed close to 40 people, and had been around for decades. Upon
meeting this Man the Hostess discovered that He was basically illiterate, couldn't read or write a lick practically, yet He started and grew a successful Company. It
is, like in life, a people skills game. He surprised His employees of whom He valued greatly, and were a loyal group, w/a 5 FIGURE BONUS one year as He approached
retirement!! THAT'S appreciation, and what can happen when hard work & respect goes both ways!! I wondered watching that if those days were behind Us, that was
15 yrs. ago, could someone still pull that off the same way today?

Is it just me or have the posts gotten way worse lately? Horrendous spelling, run on sentences, atrocious grammar, and a complete inability to convey one's own thoughts seem to be becoming commonplace. I consider my comprehension skills to be pretty good. Even after rereading a post several times, I sometimes find myself at a complete loss as to what the hell the poster is trying to say.
Eye no watt ewe mean. Eye dew knot always no watt they want two say.
Seriously, I am anal with my texts. I was an Air Force officer for 20 years, and then a Market Risk Analyst in a Federal Home Loan Bank for 20 years. Poor quality written communications were never an option for me. That being said, LOTS of people view texts/blogs as not mattering at ALL when it comes to spelling, punctuation and grammar. They do not want to worry about it. When it is so bad you don't understand their point, then just ask politely.

I'm often on the net on my smart phone the keyboard is so small and my fingertips don't come to a point I hit the speaker button and say what I want to type the bad thing is there's no caps or punctuation just one long run-on sentence

(The same paragraph from my phone. There you have it!)

Actually if you say "period", "exclamation mark" etc, they insert and start new sentences. At least my dumb phone does.

On topic, reality is not everyone has grade 12 education. Just like not everyone has a 70, 340, 4 speed Duster. But guess what, they all help make F.A.B.O. what it is. It's all good with me.

Last edited:
You all have no clue how bad it is in the real world! I went to a student run parent/teacher conference at Ian's school! 1/2 way through his presentation, I had to stop him because I couldn't read what he wrote on an assignment! When I asked him what it said, his response was.."I don't know, I wrote that like 3 months ago"!! When I asked the teacher how she grades papers like this she said..." we no longer grade papers on grammar and spelling, since most things are done on computer with spell check"!! Instead of pointing out that she did in fact grade the paper in question, that was hand written, I simply nodded and logged that into my memory banks!! Nobody is watching the store, plain and simple, and it's only going to get worse!!

PBS had a series "Small Business School", where the Hostess and entrepreneur would interview small business owners & tour the facilities, learning from and sharing
their experiences failures & successes. One gentleman was pushing 70 or so, His Company employed close to 40 people, and had been around for decades. Upon
meeting this Man the Hostess discovered that He was basically illiterate, couldn't read or write a lick practically, yet He started and grew a successful Company. It
is, like in life, a people skills game. He surprised His employees of whom He valued greatly, and were a loyal group, w/a 5 FIGURE BONUS one year as He approached
retirement!! THAT'S appreciation, and what can happen when hard work & respect goes both ways!! I wondered watching that if those days were behind Us, that was
15 yrs. ago, could someone still pull that off the same way today?
The reason this rarely ever happens is the fact that most all billionaires are greedy SOBs and will do anything to put another $ in their pockets!? Maybe it is only human nature at its worse.

took an ak round to the noggin in nam my thoughts don't flow freely to the written word so I kind of leave forums alone as I have been criticized in the past

-
Back