Its official. Im too old.

-

HankRearden

Reaction score
My kid wanted me to take him the the Avenged Sevenfold show for his 18th birthday.

So here we are. I love A7X but we just sat through the opener Sullivan King.
Well,he was loud. Really went to eleven.
He reminds me of what my friends and I used to say about some guys trying to fit in with us. Trying too hard to be hard!

But I'm probably just old.

And here we have the second opener. If you ever wondered what would happen if punky Brewster became a crack ***** it is "poppy".

Yep I'm definitely old.

Last edited:
These openers suck more than Chelsea Handler in an NBA locker room.

And to think Dee Snyder testified to Congress so we could have this ****.

Yep break out the geritol. I'm too frigging old.

Well, hope Avenged Sevenfold is worth the wait. Last 'newer' band I went to see was Coheed & Cambria on the No World For Tomorrow Tour at Ches-Arena Pgh., I know A7X opened for them some, can't remember if They did for that one......'cause I'm getting dangerously close to ........well-weathered...saw it with My late Bandmate Bill-E-Boy Hibbert (RIP 9 yrs. now).
Enjoy the time w/the Youngun'.

Well, hope Avenged Sevenfold is worth the wait. Last 'newer' band I went to see was Coheed & Cambria on the No World For Tomorrow Tour at Ches-Arena Pgh., I know A7X opened for them some, can't remember if They did for that one......'cause I'm getting dangerously close to ........well-weathered...saw it with My late Bandmate Bill-E-Boy Hibbert (RIP 9 yrs. now).
Enjoy the time w/the Youngun'.
Thanks. It's his first concert. He is all smiles. He even drove us here in his little jeep.
First time driving in Pittsburgh or anywhere other than the backwoods of Clarion County.

Nice!!! Navigating the 'burgh the 1st time can be a real adventure depending on the destination.

I feel your pain. The "newest" band I like is Alice in Chains.

I like some of Avenged Sevenfold's catalog, 'Hail to the King' is one of my favorite tunes, always cranked up, but I don't know that I would go to see them in concert. Most of the "newer" artists that I hear on the local rock radio station just makes me change the station or turn it off entirely. I guess I'm getting old too, I'm going to be 61 in a couple months, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop listening to AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Motorhead, Deep Purple, or any of the other hard rock that I grew up with, I'm ok with someone calling me old, at least I know real good music!

You think you're old?
Here's what you wrote,
My kid wanted me to take him the the Avenged Sevenfold show for his 18th birthday.

He reminds me of what my friends and I used to say about some guys trying to fit in with us. Trying too hard to be hard!

I would have understood it just as well had it been like this,
我的孩子想让我在他 18 岁生日时带他去看《复仇七重》节目。

所以我们来了。我喜欢 A7X,但我们只是坐在揭幕战 Sullivan King 上。
嗯,他很吵。真的去了十一点。
他让我想起了我和我的朋友曾经说过的一些男人试图融入我们。太努力了,很难!

但我可能只是老了。

You're fine.....I'm old!

:rofl:

You think you're old?
Here's what you wrote,

嗯,他很吵。真的去了十一点。

但我可能只是老了。

You're fine.....I'm old!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like some of Avenged Sevenfold's catalog, 'Hail to the King' is one of my favorite tunes, always cranked up, but I don't know that I would go to see them in concert. Most of the "newer" artists that I hear on the local rock radio station just makes me change the station or turn it off entirely. I guess I'm getting old too, I'm going to be 61 in a couple months, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop listening to AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Motorhead, Deep Purple, or any of the other hard rock that I grew up with, I'm ok with someone calling me old, at least I know real good music!
Ever hear any Hayseed Dixie Band covering AC/DC ? Or other bands/ tunes ? Kiss MY Grass etc. ?
I never got some of it way back when, but listening now the instrumentals and lyrics are great especially when not being screamed at you.

Maybe I was old when I was young. Lol

Ever hear any Hayseed Dixie Band covering AC/DC ? Or other bands/ tunes ? Kiss MY Grass etc. ?
I never got some of it way back when, but listening now the instrumentals and lyrics are great especially when not being screamed at you.

Maybe I was old when I was young. Lol
My wife has shown me videos of some of those, they're pretty good and sometimes pretty funny too.

I recently saw DEVO. I almost left it was so loud. But it was DEVO.... so i couldn't.

Are we not men?

I was hoping somehow they would cover Sound Gardens version of "the girl you want"

A7X. Sounds like a good name for an import hotrod.

But seriously, I recently saw Thorogood and Preist with my son.

Times you just can’t replace or replicate.

Loud? Meh……I’m hard of hearing anyways! :)

You think you're old?
Here's what you wrote,

嗯,他很吵。真的去了十一点。

但我可能只是老了。

You're fine.....I'm old!

But You KNEW what "Really went to eleven" meant, didn't You, it's not like You have an old Gene Krupa Backstage Club Pass or something... :lol:

I took my son to his first show. While we think “Disturbed” is a decent band, I’ve seen enough shows since I’m a kid and know what other bands have done. With that said, I was mildly entertained. Not to bad, not to good, lousy front man, excellent band.

My son thought it was great. So I said to him, if the my first choice of a rock band ever comes around I’m treating you to what a real theatrical event for a concert show will look like and what it should be.

Now before I tell you who the band is, they get a lot of grief for there ‘70’s gimmick and EZ pop music approach to rock and roll, but let me tell you that in my wide verity of music and seeing a great many shows, with an arguable second place I’ll list, the best freaking party concert band and show I have ever seen was from KISS. Iron Maiden was within a hair for second place.

Say what you want about KISS, but if you haven’t been to a show, then your really are just talking out of your ***.

You did a great thing Hank! This is a big deal for your son and earns major stripes in my book for doing that and being a truly cool dad. Hats off to you.

I took my son to his first show. While we think “Disturbed” is a decent band, I’ve seen enough shows since I’m a kid and know what other bands have done. With that said, I was mildly entertained. Not to bad, not to good, lousy front man, excellent band.

My son thought it was great. So I said to him, if the my first choice of a rock band ever comes around I’m treating you to what a real theatrical event for a concert show will look like and what it should be.

Now before I tell you who the band is, they get a lot of grief for there ‘70’s gimmick and EZ pop music approach to rock and roll, but let me tell you that in my wide verity of music and seeing a great many shows, with an arguable second place I’ll list, the best freaking party concert band and show I have ever seen was from KISS. Iron Maiden was within a hair for second place.

Say what you want about KISS, but if you haven’t been to a show, then your really are just talking out of your ***.

You did a great thing Hank! This is a big deal for your son and earns major stripes in my book for doing that and being a truly cool dad. Hats off to you.
Kiss was hot when I was in high school. We had lunch hour talent shows in our theater. Some talented guys did a costumed up lip sinc performance that was incredible. Good fun back then.

-
Back