Jehovah's Witnesses

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
I had the dashboard in the driveway and drug the air house out there. Was just about to flip the switch on the air compressor when two car loads of JW's pulled up and swarmed my cul-de-sac. I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone. An older gentleman and his son who looked to be about 12 approached me and I explained to them that I was a Christian but I did not agree with their version of religion and gave them examples. The gentleman raised his eyebrows and said, "Wow! You seem to know a lot about us." to which I replied, "Yes because my ex is one of you." He had nothing else to say except as he walked by my Duster he said, "What year is your Chevelle?" NOW IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG PAL!!!

I'll never judge one that wants to share their beliefs, I'll politely say Iam not interested.

The way I see it is if they are right about their beliefs, I don't want to be at the pearly Gates and God ask why I was an *** to people preaching his word.

Just my opinion

I'll never judge one that wants to share their beliefs, I'll politely say Iam not interested.

The way I see it is if they are right about their beliefs, I don't want to be at the pearly Gates and God ask why I was an *** to people preaching his word.

Just my opinion

Nice Nova!

Lol, thats where I'd draw the line too. you should had asked him how old his daughter is

Then when he said that's my son, exactly, this is a mopar.. but who's to judge...

They must be targeting gear heads. I was underneath the hood when two young women approached me to spread the word. It was awkward. Two young, good looking women coming up to my house asking questions about my car. Jail bait....

Years ago when I lived in East San Diego they used to come through on the weekends in the morning. Something about bad neighborhoods attract them like a bug to a zapper.

My roommate usually started drinking pretty early so he would field most of the door knocks. One morning, at about 9am, they came a callin and my roommate already had a few beers in him and walked to the door. He answered the door wearing a jean jacket, boxer underwear, 70's mirror sun glasses (think Chips) with a beer in his hand and a cigarette in his mouth then told them he was Mormon.

Never came back.

around here, we refer to them as J-F-W

(i was gonna let that hang, but then i figured one of you guys would guess the F stands for friendly or functional, so i decided to just elaborate, the F stands for False, as in False doctrine)

I don't get too excited when they come around. They mostly know what their church teaches. That's why they had to write their own bible. One day, the JW's decided to fix the KJV so they literally handed out black felt pens and had people cross out what they didn't like. True story. That's how themJW bible came to be. I forget what they call it now.

So I always tell them for every book or article they give me to read, I will give them one of what I have. After a week or so they can come back and we can talk about what we read. Not one has ever taken me up on it.

One of my closest friends is a witness. I am not overly religious myself but I am glad it gives her peace. I talked to a minister of the religion I was brought up in and he explained that in the Bible it says it is your duty to go out and spread the word of God and the witnesses just practice it more consistently. Hearing that made me more comfortable around them. I am polite and explain that I respect what they are doing and in the grand scheme of things we are in agreement but some of the details we disagree on and politely excuse myself. .......i have another female friend who answers the door naked when ever they go to get house. They don't contact her anymore .

One of my closest friends is a witness. I am not overly religious myself but I am glad it gives her peace. I talked to a minister of the religion I was brought up in and he explained that in the Bible it says it is your duty to go out and spread the word of God and the witnesses just practice it more consistently. Hearing that made me more comfortable around them. I am polite and explain that I respect what they are doing and in the grand scheme of things we are in agreement but some of the details we disagree on and politely excuse myself. .......i have another female friend who answers the door naked when ever they go to get house. They don't contact her anymore .

Our friends should get together:rofl:

They used to come to my house every other week. Played nice the first time. A few weeks in I was in the garage under my truck, I watch the same f*ktards pull up, look at me, then go knock on the door to my house and just stand there.

I waited a couple minutes hoping they would just leave. When they didn't, I crawled out from under my truck, opened the truck door, (that got their attention) pulled out my 7" barreled .44mag, re-holstered it as I walked toward them. (They appeared uneasy for some reason.)

I asked them ever so nicely "What the f**k do you want?"

To which they tried explaining; while handing me literature. (I'm thinking they dealt with the GF previous visit.)

With my nicest scowl, and tiny droplets of friendly spray from my lips, I gutturally growled from the depths within me...

"GET THE F**K OFF MY PROPERTY AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Been 6 or 7 years now, so far, so good.

Actually they use the same Bible as everyone else
no, they dont, they use one that adds the word "a" to John 1:1
so that instead of it reading "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
it reads "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God."

this denies Jesus' Deity, and that is a BIG issue

no, they dont, they use one that adds the word "a" to John 1:1
so that instead of it reading "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
it reads "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God."

this denies Jesus' Deity, and that is a BIG issue

A lot of references to Jesus' deity is left out.

One of the reasons they make the claim that Michael the Archangel was Jesus.

I grew up with two Jehovah's Witnesses as close friends.

To this day, I'm blacklisted.

The Baptists do it, too.

Back in preaching days I got a call from my mom saying the nicest people knocked on her door, wanting to talk about God, but they didn't seem like Witnesses.

When she said it was a man and a woman, I told her that eliminated the Mormons.

She said she told them that if she wanted to talk to someone or ask questions she'd come to me, they gracefully bowed out and said they wouldn't want to insert themselves between mother and son and encouraged her to talk to me.

That eliminated the Witnesses.

Yup. Our little local Baptist Church was out that day.

The Baptists do it, too.

Yup. Our little local Baptist Church was out that day.
We sure do (well, maybe I shouldn't say "we" because I don't make it there very often) but every Saturday our church sends out members to preach the gospel in our community

Actually they use the same Bible as everyone else

I looked it up because I don't like being wrong.

It's called the New World Translation.

Lay it next to a KJV and see what they took out and changed. I can't remember the number of verse affected but it was like 450 verses.

It's not so much a KJV as it is the manuscripts need to be the Textus Receptus. Any other manuscripts are Vatican.

I don't have anything against any religion but after being awakened at 6AM Saturday morning a few times by the JW groups I had this sign made for my front door:
DSC07490.JPG
DSC07491.JPG

It's nice to able to sleep late on Saturdays!!!!

Treblig

JW's came to our neighborhood years ago.. they locked their bicycles to the telephone pole. Being the great young guys we were and in a less than great neighborhood, we also locked their bikes to the pole. Never can be too safe..

I am not familiar with their beliefs, but when I was a kid they came around on Christmas morning. My mom was normally pretty mellow, but she really lit into them for interrupting our holiday. Was pretty funny

Baptist and JW door knockers are more common in the south.
Mormons in the west.
Last time the JW came, I suggested they start with the basics and not debate about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin with people.
i.e. Does the person in the house even believe in the supernatural?
Start there with CS Lewis maybe.
And this ain't helpin'.
John 1:1—Was the Word “God” or “a god”?

I have the New World Translaion along with this book on my shelf.
Lot's of fun.

41A8q8SWrrL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

But I don't have this album.

Last edited:
-
Back