Jrlegacy23's 72 Dart Build, pro-touring style

-
what the heck kind of bike is that!!!!....looks like they forgot the tires/seat/handlebars/ect...

hope ya got your moneys worth!

what the heck kind of bike is that!!!!....looks like they forgot the tires/seat/handlebars/ect...

hope ya got your moneys worth!

Sometimes all you need are the pedals. I definitely like this bike better than any one that Santa had ever brought me :blob:
Thanks again Denny for an awesome K-Frame.

I see you already paid your dues, so Welcome to the HDK club!
Now get to work!

Had my buddy weld in some plugs on the front side of the R&P mounts. There was nothing wrong with the set up the way it was. Just wanted to keep moisture and dirt out.

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,814
Here is what the front of the R&P mounts looked like before the plugs installed:

Attachments

• unplugged.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 909
Here are some pictures of the mintubbing itself on the passengers side. As you can tell I am doing things little by little. Once I finish the rear, then put the subframe connectors in, then I will get the front end mounted in.

Attachments

• tub3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • tub4.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,640
  • tub5.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,659
Had my buddy weld in some plugs on the front side of the R&P mounts. There was nothing wrong with the set up the way it was. Just wanted to keep moisture and dirt out.

nice touch....wonder why they don't come that way?

I am sure he would upon request. Like, I am sure that if I sent him a crisp $100 bill, he would stop down to Ross' and and tack a couple inappropriate items sticking off his holes. Is this possible for the right price?

I sent he headlights back, I decided I did not like them and one of the halo's did not work. I went with something that will match the wheels and the black/silver paint scheme I am planning.
Here are the new ones I am replacing them with:

have the link for these?

Just got the control arms painted up. I took some advice of paint from Cody and they turned out great:

Attachments

• coated arms.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,371
Ya, It is quite a bit darker than your pics. Mine was done with rattle can Hammered paint instead of by the quart, like yours. That may make a difference. I am very happy with it, it is very thick and durable.

yes the spray can type does spray darker for some reason. never really used the spraycan type alot. i do know the quart kind is very tough.

I was hesitant about the spray bomb, but I looked all over near me and no one had the quarts/gallons in stock. I ended up after a few days cracking down and buying them. I do not like spray cans and hate spray painting anything due to the quality. I was really surprised by the quality as it came out. It looked thick and durable as it coated. It covered adaquately with one coat (I put a few more on). The finished product was very glossy, hard, and looked like a fresh powdercoat with a hammered finish.

Here is a picture of the K-Member all painted up. It is not the best picture as it was taken with my phone, hanging in my shed. I guess the bike in the background is pretty fitting considering the the box the K-Frame and all parts came in:

Attachments

• subframe.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,325
I just received the 2"x3" rectangle tubing for the frame connectors today. I will get them cut to fit and get the pictures up here as soon as I am able.

Looks like my project is taking a huge turn. If everything goes right, I will be picking this car up on Saturday from another FABO member. I am still using all of the parts I have bought for the other one. This car is in much better shape than the one I have, and I have always wanted a 70 Dart.

Attachments

• 352_p2_l.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 352_p7_l.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,044
  • 352_p27_l.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 462
  • 352_p26_l.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 488
Cool. What year is that?

Edit: oops how'd I miss that.
I like how the 70 has the older style interior.
We need more pics of course!

-
Back