Just got my Coast Guard Orders To Va

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Well I just got my Coast Guard transfer orders to Newport beach Va area.... This is a huge weight lifted off my back now that I'm know I'm not going to Alaska... thank u god.....

Jason

ur welcome.

I've been in for 10yrs so I figure I have another 3 moves left B4 me and the wife can settle down to one area.

Not so sure my Mopars will like the icy roads of Alaska!

Jason

There are a lot of Mopar people up there and they are very friendly people!
And you don't need a winter beater there!!

Congrads Jason, I was in Va. a couple of years ago after the hurricane went thru there and found the people to be very nasty to outsiders (maybe it was just Williamsburg) but I'm sure the Military family is totally different and you will be welcome. Hope you can get settled in for a while. I hate pulling up roots and moving. What a pain in the a**. As an independent adjuster if you guys get hit with a cat loss I too might find my self there for a while. Good luck to you and your family. Oh, most importantly, Thanks for your service!

yeah I've been up there b4.. but never for a long period of time.

Congratulations sir USCG CHARGER!!
Thanks for keeping an eye on us for the last ten years.
I hope the move go's smoothly and you find a good home place for you and your family. I agree Alaska would be some bad news if you don't like cold long long winters! Keep us posted and Va is a great place and I know there are allot of good folks there. !

Hey be thankfull you didnt get stuck with Fourchron La!!!!!!! I hate going down there but I would hate it even more if I had to live there. Thanks for your service and keep our ports safe.

Personally I would take Anchorage over Norfolk, but thats just me. I was at NAS Norfolk a couple weeks ago to pick up a boat and schlep it to NAS North Island. The weather was definitely better in San Diego. Heck it was probably better in Anchorage! Brrrrrr.

Heck, if the Coast Guard was hiring current and qualified prior service C-130 aircrew I would seriously consider returning to active duty.

You'll love Va...Have lived here all of my life. Are you going to be stationed out of Yorktown by chance? You will definitely have to catch a Saturday night cruise at Newport News Harley Davidson. Lots of great cars, unfortunately not a great deal of Mopars. We seem to hide them here. As for the people in Williamsburg being rude, it is the truth. I grew up there, now live only twenty minutes away and avoid it like the plague. The people are all transplants now, the "new" Florida for retirees. By the way, you will only a few hours most from really great Mopar shows: Rockingham, Farmington, Dinwiddie, and Carlisle. Matt

yup yorktown is where i'll be working... I;ll prolly live int he newpot news area or hamptom area... you know of any rent homes for me my wife and two kids I mean dogs!

Jason

You might want to check across the river in Gloucester. The rent might be cheaper there and there would probably be more elbow room. I live about 40 minutes from Yorktown and the rent up here is pretty cheap. There is a guy on Moparts who is a weekend coast guardsman. He goes by the name of Ranger Dan. You might want to look him, as he could probably be a big help with any questions about the base and he owns a bunch of Mopars too. If you need any other help, let me know. Maybe check online with the local paper. It is the Daily Press, out of Newport News. They may have online classifieds. Good luck with the move. Matt

I'd like to see our most northern state on a vay-kay. As for moving there, I'm not to sure, the wife loved Va. a whole lot and wants to perhaps retire there.
(I said don't rush life......)

-
Back