Just got my new engine off the dyno!

-

Fast01

Reaction score
It's a 517" "B" block with RPM heads, around 11:1 compression, Victor intake, 850 carb, and a Comp solid roller .613"/.613" 262/262 110 lca with 1.6:1 roller rockers. Here's the dyno sheet.

512dyno.jpg

There is a BUNCH more there if that AF 11.6 number is representative of the pull. I bet there's another 20-30hp in it.

Should run really good in the car.

The BSFCs are a bit jumpy... It's not rich at peak hp, it seems lean. I think the 11.9 is the idle reading. How much tuning was done prior to this pull or was this more if a break in session?

IMO, if this is a street driven car, plug the secondary PV and run bigger jets in the rear....If solely race, then re-assess the tune.

I also agree if you bump the A/F ratio up a bit, it will help. Impressive #'s though!!

This was just a break-in and baseline pull. No tuning was done at all really. I'd like to spend the better part of a day playing with it, but the budget won't allow it after dropping all that coin on the engine itself. The drag strip will have to be my forum for tuning.

It should be plenty strong...lol. You got the most important stuff done.

Some impressive #,s,could you post some vids. once you get her dialed in at the track?Will be keeping an eye out.Good luck!:clock:

Thanks for the kudos everyone! I'll be sure to post up some vids and things when it all comes together. Here's a few shots of it right after I got it home and onto the stand.

517mopar 002.jpg

517mopar 003.jpg

517mopar 004.jpg

517mopar 005.jpg

517mopar 006.jpg

Congratz, that's going to be one fun ride for sure. Those torque numbers are astounding.

Did they fix the problem with the collectors facing down and in on one side?
And the plug clearance on #6?

It doesn't look like they face down, but they do seem to face in a little bit on each side. It's hard to tell how much with it just on the stand though. As far as the plugs go, seems like they all clear by a good margin. Of course I've got angled plug heads and the plug angles away from the tube, but it still looks like it would clear a straight plug. I'll snap some pics and post 'em up.

Thanks
I'll have to take some pictures of mine to compare them.
They do hang low under the car. Mine scrape going into my buddies driveway.
We just did a full exhaust on the car and the way the pipes exit crooked and different direction on each side , makes it a challenge.
Make sure you fit the collectors, the 4 into one, before you put them in the car.
I had to sand each pipe so they would slide together easily.
When I did the Dart I didn't do this enough and they went together hard, and now are stuck together and are still in the car.

Thanks
I'll have to take some pictures of mine to compare them.
They do hang low under the car. Mine scrape going into my buddies driveway.
We just did a full exhaust on the car and the way the pipes exit crooked and different direction on each side , makes it a challenge.
Make sure you fit the collectors, the 4 into one, before you put them in the car.
I had to sand each pipe so they would slide together easily.
When I did the Dart I didn't do this enough and they went together hard, and now are stuck together and are still in the car.

Sorry I wasn't able to get any pics for you today, I should be able to get out to the garage tomorrow. Oh, and thanks for the tips on fitting the collectors. That should save me a ton of aggravation!

What balancer is that?? Is it an SFI piece?

Yes, it's an SFI piece. Not sure of the brand though. I sourced it with the stroker kit and don't have the package it came in. It has PB with a circle around it stamped onto the outer rim if that helps.

Looks like the one Jegs sells under their own name.

Nice motor, great numbers! Looks like a low deck stroker, do you have a thread about it somewhere, that I can catch up?

Thanks! Yes, it is a low deck stroker and no, I don't have another thread with the details. This is my first venture into the world of Mopars. I'm a Chevy convert. Traded my '01 Z-28 for the '68 Barracuda this thing is going in. I will still be using a GM tranny though. I love those 4L80's!

Sorry I wasn't able to get any pics for you today, I should be able to get out to the garage tomorrow. Oh, and thanks for the tips on fitting the collectors. That should save me a ton of aggravation!

Yes, it's an SFI piece. Not sure of the brand though. I sourced it with the stroker kit and don't have the package it came in. It has PB with a circle around it stamped onto the outer rim if that helps.

Thanks! Yes, it is a low deck stroker and no, I don't have another thread with the details. This is my first venture into the world of Mopars. I'm a Chevy convert. Traded my '01 Z-28 for the '68 Barracuda this thing is going in. I will still be using a GM tranny though. I love those 4L80's!

It is a Jegs, or at least the same balancer they sell under their own name. I bought one for $250 a few years ago, and they were down to $199 last time I checked.
I know it well, as I had it shipped direct to the machine shop that was balancing my motor at the time, and I got no package or instructions either. By the time I got around to installing it, too much time had passed.

I still have it, unused, as it would not go all the way on to my crank. I ended up getting another set of paperwork from Jegs, and the instructions say you might have to hone it to fit. I have spent hours at it, and still can not get it to go on right.

Congrats on getting the Mopar! I used to run a glide in my 67 Barracuda drag car, because they were the only one with a trans brake at the time. That was sure fun!

That should move that B`cuda down the track in a hurry!

I'll be happy if he runs it straight north up the street....right past my house. LOL, I live on the North end, he lives on the South end. He he he, this has been in the back of my head for awhile now. Like a nightmare teaseing me. I pass his house everyday on the way to work! Like a ghostly haunt, somewhere in the mist a hungry big block growls......

(Yea, there should be some scooby doo haunting sound now:-D )

-
Back