Just my luck

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
:sad1:eek:k today i was on my way down to an job interview , And before i got there the wire on the tire started to come out and i had a big bubble on it...so after the interview i had enuf air to make it over to discount tires :thumbup:
But wait!!!! I get a call for discount and they say " Sorry Sr. We broke a stud on your car and we cant take the oter ones off because your car is to old and we dont want to break them.....:pukeleft:..I felt sick I seemed to find the new guy who tried to take my lug nuts off wrong ut cause they are reverse on the other side...now they cant find the studs for my car and they said they have to get them from the east coast........:scratch:.....Did i mention I was tring to do all this on my break

I hate paying Year One prices for replacement parts on someone else's mistake, but, them the breaks of an old car.

(No pun intended)

Do you have a NAPA dealer close to you, They can get them overnight.
I have got them there before, and don't even look in year one, Marked way up.

its a 69 dart...it was on the drivers side rear

What a pain. You practically have to put a sign on your drivers side wheels saying 'Left Hand Threads.' Same thing happened to me AFTER I TOLD the counter guy. The tech broke 1 stud loose. They tried to make me leave my car with them til new ones were delivered. Finally after I turned red in the face they fixed the tire and I took care of the wheel stud myself. It happens.

Sorry to hear about that dude, that sucks. but this is why i joined the forums... so the lugs on the back side are reverse? or is it just one side of the car?

Yup left rear, those are the studs I just replaced with right hand thread studs. If you want the Left hand thread studs I have 5 you can have for shipping... Tho I'm in Canada so I dont know if it would be worth it, your call if you want em.

The right hand thread studs from NAPA are;

#641-1610
Wheel bolt 103
1/2"-20tpi x 1-19/32"

But I asked for studs for a 68 Newport (8.75) as that was what the bbp axles were from (I had the housing and axles shortened) and it might make a difference in the courseness in the knerling.

I have never had a problem. All of the parts stores carry studs for my car. GO RIGHT HAND THREAD!!!! IT JUST IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!!!

Sorry to hear about that dude, that sucks. but this is why i joined the forums... so the lugs on the back side are reverse? or is it just one side of the car?

Left side of car, front & rear = left hand threads. The other posters are correct, replace them for less headache...
C

-
Back