Kind of done selling off parts......

-
:D you have half the parts in a 5 state area !!!! today I need nothing ..... well, maybe a center section with a 3.23 or 3.55 sure grip :) Like one for the '76 Duster.... not paying the going price of 2.7 million dollars for one though :D :D
I'm still trying to find your bb gasket set. It's in one of my garages I know it is, just which one?

I think mostly now if I sell parts, they will be sold on the car :)

I’ve done really good selling stuff on Facebook but boy it can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Advertise a set of B1 race headers and get messages asking if I have any 440 exhaust manifolds or water pumps. These people probably go ballistic when I tell them I’m a racer and I scraped all that stuff years ago. Price stuff fairly and it’s gone and paid for in three days.
I've really had no problem finding buyers.. but more or less the supplies is dwindled down and getting harder to replenish :)

You sound like you need a vacation at the beach. Sun, pinball, pizza, and boardwalk French fries usually fix me right up.
oh trust me, i need a vacation as soon as I get home from a vacation! And Pizza/French fries are good anytime
:lol:

I've really had no problem finding buyers.. but more or less the supplies is dwindled down and getting harder to replenish :)

There was a guy this week on Moparts question and answers looking for big block cam bearings which appears to be an issue. Trouble is most guys cal 2-3 places and they are out of stock. I guarantee you if I need a set of cam bearings in going to have a set today. With google, Facebook groups, and sites like this I’m betting four hours at the most because I’m not a quitter. I’ll find some.

and if you sell 600.00+ through pay pal you get a 1099 ..... no matter what you lost on the parts. shipping is crazy too. I think I've dwindled down to the right amount of parts to keep for what I do :)
I go with USPS money orders, or a check , don't ship till it clears. PayPal only for something I need to do quickly. They can stuff a 1099 where the sun don't shine, or if you're a cheap bastard like me, wipe your *** with it.

Last edited:
There was a guy this week on Moparts question and answers looking for big block cam bearings which appears to be an issue. Trouble is most guys cal 2-3 places and they are out of stock. I guarantee you if I need a set of cam bearings in going to have a set today. With google, Facebook groups, and sites like this I’m betting four hours at the most because I’m not a quitter. I’ll find some.
yeah, I'm kind of the same way.... But why sell what I'll be looking for in a year or 3 ?? especially if you have to pay 55% more to restock it! LOL

I go with USPS money orders, or a check , don't ship till it clears. PayPal only for something I need to do quickly. They can stuff a 1099 where the sun don't shine, or if you're a cheap bastard like me, wipe your *** with it.
my favorite is ca$h in person.... They can look and do their complaining before they buy....

I bought two LS heads on Facebook last week and the guy wanted 350.00. I said will you take 300.00, he said how about 325.00? Sold

I sold three 1972 tailights to a guy this week. I said how’s 300.00 sound. How about 250.00? I said 275.00. Sold. Lol

and if you sell 600.00+ through pay pal you get a 1099 ..... no matter what you lost on the parts. shipping is crazy too. I think I've dwindled down to the right amount of parts to keep for what I do :)
Shipping is so crazy, I am just about done selling anything, unless they can pick it up.

Just last week I gave a shipping quote to a member here in CA, I am in WV. I completely understood when he backed out.
A 10lb $25 dollar part was almost $50 in shipping.

I bought two LS heads on Facebook last week and the guy wanted 350.00. I said will you take 300.00, he said how about 325.00? Sold

I sold three 1972 tailights to a guy this week. I said how’s 300.00 sound. How about 250.00? I said 275.00. Sold. Lol
yeah, i know how easy it is. Sold a ton (what i didn't give away) over the years. I have no complaints. I just think the few things I got it's best I hang on to...

* Now Cars, on the other hand*
I will continue to jockey cars like I've done since my teenage years.... :D (ok, I've slowed up some, but still looking)

Shipping is so crazy, I am just about done selling anything, unless they can pick it up.

Just last week I gave a shipping quote to a member here in CA, I am in WV. I completely understood when he backed out.
A 10lb $25 dollar part was almost $50 in shipping.
I ship a lot in USPS flat rate boxes for that very reason

A customer just sent me two Edelbrock heads and a Victor340 to port and it cost him 220.00 UPS. It’s getting nuts.

This is a usps shipped part for me to my buddy in Arizona. Kim

579321AA-63A1-49BF-9843-BD583017CD1B.jpeg

Gotta find that happy medium. Hard to find parts that you currently have installed also...probably keep. Stuff that you don't even have a vehicle for, move it to someone with something to preserve. Try to keep a fair price point for both sides. I see guys selling stuff on ebay that's Hysterical, knowing they'll still be listing that years from now. Just my 2 pennies...

Gotta find that happy medium. Hard to find parts that you currently have installed also...probably keep. Stuff that you don't even have a vehicle for, move it to someone with something to preserve. Try to keep a fair price point for both sides. I see guys selling stuff on ebay that's Hysterical, knowing they'll still be listing that years from now. Just my 2 pennies...

Or the guys on Facebook that don’t or won’t list a price. All they are looking for is a bidding war.

Same here! I'm picking up as many old parts I can find, I have accumulated 1 poly,1 318 and 383 and many distributors points and electronic just because everything is so expensive. Jump on it when you can and keep as much as possible.

Yeah I really am a glutton for punishment.
I bought 2 Dodge Power Giants today. A 1958 W300 4x4 and a 1959 W300 2 wheel drive. This just adds to my rare Dodge and Plymouth Truck collection.
These are just shells that need a lot of parts and pieces. The 58 has the dana 70s front and rear and the transfer case.
Both have clear titles.

I bought 2 Dodge Power Giants today. A 1958 W300 4x4 and a 1959 W300 2 wheel drive. This just adds to my rare Dodge and Plymouth Truck collection.
These are just shells that need a lot of parts and pieces. The 58 has the dana 70s front and rear and the transfer case.
Both have clear titles.
You need self-control, I passed on a running 90 W300 360 4-speed king-pin D60 front truck for $1000.
It would have been easy to load, but the haul up and down the mountain would have been rough, alot of switch-back turns that you can see your tail-lights.

Both have clear titles.
It's a disease. Seek treatment.

:D

I'm getting ready to have a lot more time on my hands after next Thursday. That's the day I go to the office, drop the keys, ID badge and company credit card on Boss Boy's desk and retire! :D

I'm gonna sort thru all of my parts and organize everything. Right now, it's a wonder the FAA hasn't been to investigate because it resembles a plane crash! I will keep extras of stuff that I have cars it will fit, but may sell some of the stuff I'll never use at swap meets over the next how many years. I accumulated seven 340's before I was 21 years old and still have 5 of them. I put one into a 65 Barracuda that I sold years ago and a 'friend' beat me out of another one. I let him borrow it to fab motor mounts for a small block in a 49 Dodge pickup. He gave it to his brother and said he misunderstood, and thought I GAVE it to him. I've given away parts to friends and others with a true need over the years and never missed a penny that I could have sold them for, and probably couldn't name off any of them right now. But that 340 I mentioned above? I remember that deal like it was yesterday even though it was decades ago!

I buy pretty regularly on here and always pay with a USPS money order. The postal service does not track names on money orders. Still, I take care of sellers on the memo line as to why I sent them a money order. I will not do PayPal unless the seller is pissy enough :rolleyes: to only take that AND it's something I really need.

Good thread @318willrun . Has anybody but me noticed that swap meets at car shows have dwindled down to mostly people selling junk they won't use in the last few years? It looks like we're all headed in the same direction at least!

yup, JD. like a round here, 25k chevy 2 barrel intakes for a 283 for 300.00 or more. a bunch of df's. hard to tell what will sell and what won't. i stripped a 70 dart and even took the clips that held the headliner in. do i need them? no, as i have them in my good car. but someone may need them. and they don't take up much space.

-
Back